Episode 3: Celebrate

- SOMEWHERE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, STRICTLANDS -

The walk to the showers was a long one. They passed a broken-down underground train station, a random power room, a radio room, and a trash room.

San explained what they did and their goal for their Safe Zone.

It was started by Hongjoong's great-grandfather, Kim José, to provide a safe place for people without worrying about being tossed out. So one here had to worry about being exiled unless they broke a rule.

The rules were like any other place.

No stealing, killing, raping, assaulting, or trying to damage their system. Any backstabbers or traitors will be executed by either gunpoint, blade, or sent out to feed the zombies.

Mingi had asked who the excursion was, and Yunho gave him a bright smile, happily saying he and his older brother did the job.

Mingi was scared of Yunho.

San assured them that as long as they followed the rules, they would be treated as family.

Each person here had a job or jobs to make their Safe Zone run smoothly.

Jongho said that Yeosang would be put in the medical wing while Mingi and Wooyoung would probably go to the Training Wing.

Yeosang internally frowned as he was told the group was going to separate. He had been with just those two for years and leaving them suddenly felt almost illegal.

San then explained that they would provide a different job for you if it didn't fit.

When Wooyoung asked how they had so many supplies, San went quiet. Jongho then said that's information for higher ranks.

The ranks were to ensure maximum security.

Green for newbies.

Yellow for rank 1.

Purple for rank 2.

Orange for rank 3.

Red for rank 4.

And black for the top rank; rank 5, and they had a building only they could enter called Sector 1.

Only people like Hongjoong, Bang Chan, Seonghwa, and a few others were allowed there.

San, Yunho, and Jongho were Reds.

The three newbies were now the new greens or greenies.

Wooyoung thought it was stupid, but Yeosang told him he thought everything was stupid.

Entering the shower area, Wooyoung looked to read the sign 'decontamination center'.

"Hey, Sam," Wooyoung poked San's shoulder. "Does that say 'decontamination?'"

"It's San, not Sam, dumb ass," San crossed his arms. "And yes, I'm glad you can read."

Wooyoung raised an eyebrow and frowned. "Asshole, I was just asking."