Episode 26: Utopia || 3

(a/n: short chap cuz im sick and I rather watch sweet home rn- more will come dw) 

"You were not lying when you said you were going to say something crazy," Hongjoong scoffed, crossing his arms. "Are you insane? Have you not seen that damn wall? It's as tall as the building's."

"I know, but it was the only thing I could come up with," Yeosang sighed, rubbing his head. "Let's get out of here. These damn spores are giving me a headache."

"Right," Mingi nodded, pushing the others out of the store. "Let's go."

Once they were out of the mold-ridden convenience store, they removed the clothes over their mouths and breathed in ''fresh'' air. They huddled in a group, with Mingi taking the first watch to watch their backs if anything came to attack them from behind.

"We are very much not climbing the fuck upward," Hongjoong was quick to say, his voice authoritative and stern. "Not only are we not trained for that, but we don't have the equipment to do so."

"Then what do you suppose we do?" Yeosang looked desperately at Hongjoong, hoping he had an answer. The feeling of being useless began to engulf his mind. The thought, ''You're nothing. They don't need you. You failed them. You failed Wooyoung,'' rang in his head like a siren on repeat, never silencing itself long enough for Yeosang to think.

Hongjoong sighed, looking down at his feet. "I don't know. I can't even think straight in this damn place!" He suddenly started to yell, turning around and tugging at his hair. "It took away the one thing I cared about the most and turned them into a mindless freak who can't even remember my name!" He shouted into the air, kicking a rock.

"I can't think without them," he continued to tug at his hair, stress and anger consuming his face as he walked in circles. "I can't live without them. If they are not beside me, I can't not live. I am nothing without Seonghwa! Nothing!" Hongjoong screamed into the air, pinning his hair back. "What am I but a bastard without my star?" Hongjoong's anger rose, flushing his cheeks as he approached a broken-down car and started to punch the door.

"Hongjoong!" The urgency in their movements was palpable as the group surged forward, their footsteps echoing in the tense air. Each member's heart pounded against their ribcage like a drumbeat of impending doom. Their collective goal was clear: to intervene before irreparable damage was done.

As they closed the distance, the sight that greeted them was one of raw desperation. The metallic clang of fists meeting unforgiving metal filled the space, accompanied by the sickening squelch of flesh against unyielding surfaces. Blood mingled with sweat, painting a macabre tableau of agony and fury.

Yunho, with a sense of duty and concern, etched into his features, hurled himself into the fray, attempting to quell the storm of violence. However, Hongjoong's frenzied resistance was unyielding, and his grip on sanity slipped with each passing moment.

In a sudden, calculated maneuver, Hongjoong used his surroundings to gain the upper hand, causing Yunho's towering form to stumble and crash to the ground with an earth-shaking thud. The impact reverberated through the room, starkly reminding us of the fragility of human resolve.

Ignoring the chaos he had caused, Hongjoong turned back towards the car, his movements fueled by a primal rage that seemed to consume him from within. With a savage determination, he unleashed a barrage of self-inflicted blows upon the unyielding metal, each strike a testament to the depths of his torment.

A chorus of panicked shouts filled the air as the group lunged forward, their hands outstretched in a futile attempt to halt Hongjoong's self-destructive rampage. But their efforts were in vain, as the maelstrom of anguish and anguish continued unabated.