Episode 21: Dune (2)

-Somewhere in The New World-.

The funeral was quick but meaningful. No one said anything; they just kept to themselves as silent tears watered the grieving soil.

As soon as they were done, Wooyoung quickly rushed inside and packed his things, leaving the others to feel guilt for their actions and grieve Eda's passing in peace.

Wooyoung wanted to leave.

The choice between truth and lies is yours, 317.

What can you sacrifice?

No, he couldn't do this anymore.

He needed to stop.

He needed to tell them.

Can you throw away everything?

The moment you open your mouth, reveal it now.

Wooyoung needed to save his family...and other families...all this was to keep people safe....right?

No one bothered him that night or in the morning, and he packed almost everything the night before.

He placed the notebook Eda gave him in his backpack, secured for when the time was right. Wooyoung was going to protect that notebook with his life.

Yes, that's right. He was doing this so there wouldn't be another Eda.

Everyone loaded quietly in the truck Yunho fixed to run. It had a cover over the trunk bed, making it more comfortable for traveling.

Wooyoung sat in the back, staring out into the sunrise blankly. Seonghwa, Mingi, Yunho, and Hongjoong stayed in the car, leaving him, San, Jongho, and Yeosang in the trunk. Everyone in the trunk had fallen asleep in the drive, so it was just him and his frantic thoughts fighting like enemies in his mind.

As Wooyoung slowly just stared at the sunrise, he felt a small tap on his shoulder. He turned to find San giving him an empathetic smile.

"How are you doing?"

"So great, I just won the fuckin' lottery."

"I don't know what a lottery is."

"Nevermind," Wooyoung sighed, turning back to stare at the wonderful and majestic warm colors of the sun. He played with the metal on his lips, reminding him what he had done...what needed to be done...right?

The moment you open your mouth, reveal it now.

Control, listen, obey, do, repeat.

Colors reminded him that another day was yet to come.

"Wooyoung," San touched his shoulder softly, sighing as he gave him a faint smile. "I am sorry for how I acted last night. You didn't deserve that."

"It's fine. Already got the lecture from Seonghwa," Wooyoung shrugged off his hand, turning to face him with a slight frown. "I do not deserve your apology."