Episode 7: The Ring || Part 2

- SOMEWHERE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, STRICTLANDS -

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Wooyoung answered, taking a step back.

Collective cries for Seonghwa to calm down and stop came from around the two, making Seonghwa's eye twitch.

"Stop lying! I know you're 317!" Seonghwa pushed past everyone and gripped Wooyoung by his face, squishing his face to make his mouth open.

"Open your mouth!"

"No!" Wooyoung muffled, trying to pry off their hands.

Before anything else could happen, Hongjoong pulled Seonghwa away and pushed them to the side.

"Hwa! What are you doing?!"

A manic laugh erupted from their mouth as Wooyoung shook in fear, hoping everything was just another nightmare.

"Wooyoung, let's get out of here," Yeosang said, trying to drag Wooyoung out of the ring.

Wooyoung couldn't respond, the grief and fear eating him up like a monstrous sinkhole- drowning him with the memories of his mistakes.

His heart anchored to his stomach with grief- the shaking in his legs, the weight of the thought of Seonghwa's words.

The screams and cries- oh, how they were haunting his ears like a whining child who was hungry.

The majority of him wanted to go down and beg for forgiveness. He was pleading with Seonghwa and owning up to his past.

But that small part- that one small part held him back, saying: "Why? It wasn't your fault. Don't apologize for things out of your control."

However, He just allowed himself to be pulled by Yeosang like a rag doll as he muttered, "I don't know; it wasn't my fault" to himself like a madman.

"Yes, it's best if everyone takes a quick breather-" Bang Chan tried to say, but the sound of alarms cut him off with a sharp slice.

"WARNING, GUARDIAN SIGHTING! WARNING, GUARDIAN SIGHTING NEAR BASE ENTRANCE!"

The alarm repeated with a scream, causing Hongjoong to almost run out of the arena with everyone closely behind.

"What's going on?!" Mingi cried out, pulling Wooyoung with one hand and pushing Yeosang with the other.

"Guardian sightings," Jisung said while panting as he ran. "That means they are too close to our entrance for comfort."

"What will happen?" Wooyoung asked, finally snapping out of his grief-fear daze.

"We are going to our safe bunker and pray nothing happens. If they don't break in," San answered, opening a door and allowing everyone to go through. "Then good. If they do...." He stopped, looking at the three newcomers dead in the eyes.

"Shoot to kill."

"Shoot to kill? Shoot with what?"

"If they get in, we will provide everyone able to shoot with a gun," Bang Chan answered. "For now, just run!"

The three nodded and followed the leaders closely behind.