Episode 17: Precious (1)

-Somewhere in The New World-

Everyone got back around the same time. Yunho and Mingi found little besides the snake and some canned food.

Wooyoung and San found a bit of gas and kept it in a watering pot.

Hongjoong and Seonghwa found some medical supplies and water in an old hospital.

Yeosang and Jongho?

Yeosang was carrying a stop sign that was craved that the edges looked like triangles. Jongho was covered in dirt as if he had run in dust but was carrying a red gas tank half filled.

They spent the night eating the snake meet and discussing their plan.

Wooyoung was confused when Mingi suggested they go to The Walls. He always fought against the idea and claimed it was fake.

However, Mingi told him he might as well and looked at Yunho from the corner of his eyes.

So, they planned to go North East where The Walls was rumored to be.

Wooyoung promised that once he knew their Safezone was safe to return to, that was the first thing he was going to do.

Send the others home.

However, the group didn't say anything...almost like they didn't want to go back.

Only Hongjoong nodded and agreed to Wooyoung's promise.

And like that, the group traveled across the desert.

Hongjoong, San, Yunho, Jongho, and Seonghwa soon became used to the harsh conditions and routine. Everyone had their jobs, and everyone stuck to them.

Yeosang was still suspicious of everyone, but Jongho ensured they meant no harm. The two secretly worked on learning about why Yeosang could be immune. Jongho could only do so much without proper tools, but he looked at the wound almost every day.

They learned that the more Yeosang was angered, the more veins grew black. Once he calmed down, the veins went back to the normal shade.

Too much emotion lead to an increase in the infection.

Emotions were the reason for 1117.

So why was Yeosang immune to it?

He wasn't a sociopath.

So...why?

Yeosang wanted to tell his friends; he really did. But he didn't want to scare anyone...or worse, lose them.

Mingi and Yunho became secretive, whispering to each other about unknown topics. Wooyoung just thought they started to like each other, and as good friends, they always sent them on missions alone together.

Unknown to everyone else, Yunho and Mingi were trying to devise a plan to tell the group when it was time and what to do once they got there.

Seonghwa forced Hongjoong to stop with Wooyoung, but it failed.

The two picked fights with each other every chance they got. Wooyoung is always teasing, and Hongjoong is constantly fighting back.