Episode 16: Promise

-Somewhere in Lazia City-

Mingi stayed a decent distance from Yunho, holding onto the crowbar he found along the way.

He knew that using a gun was efficient, but the noise it makes will cause a bigger problem.

Oh, the reason he was keeping his distance from Yunho?

Simple, really.

They saw a giant snake slithering on the floor, minding its own business and looking scary.

Yunho? He walked over and killed it in seconds and held it up like a prize.

Now, he was hanging the giant snake around his neck like a scarf, swinging the end and the head around like a child.

"I caught dinner!" Yunho sang, practically skipping.

"Shush!" Mingi shushed him, placing his fingers on his lips. "Zombies, dude."

"Oops," Yunho chuckled, letting go of the snake. "My bad, but at least we got some dinner."

"True," Mingi nodded. "Wooyoung knows how to cook it and shit."

"Do you not know how to?"

"No."

"Haven't you been out here for years?"

"Yeah, and what about it?"

"Sorry," Yunho smiled. "I just assumed you would know how to do it."

"What about you?" Mingi frowned. "Do you know how to?"

"Yeah, I do, actually," Yunho smiled. "I know how to skin it, at least. We normally leave the cooking to Jongho if we have to. But we have MREs when we do missions."

"Oh," Mingi nodded. "What were your missions?"

"Well, mostly, it's just to raid the Guardians truck loads of resources and-" Yunho cut himself off, covering his mouth. "I am not supposed to say."

Mingi raised an eyebrow, stopping Yunho with the crowbar. "Listen, I don't know if you know this or not," he poked Yunho's chest. "But we are not in your safe zone anymore. If that information is important there, it's fucking not here."

Yunho looked around as if someone was watching him before waving Mingi closer. "We weren't told the details...but I know The Walls are real."

"What?" Mingi scoffed. "Look, I know that it's nice to believe in something...Wooyoung thinks the same. But a place where it's safe, 1117 free, and living like the infection never happened? Yeah, right," Mingi started to walk forward. "It's been sixty years since all this happened."

"Listen to me," Yunho grabbed Mingi's hand, his goof smile now turned into a serious thin line. "I overheard Wooyoung talking about The Walls...that's why I wanted to come."

"What?"

"I am an engineer, and I heard rumors about the technology advances The Walls have...and I had nothing to live for in my Safezone."