Episode 4: Stay

- SOMEWHERE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, STRICTLANDS -

Changbin fulfilled his promise of showing the three around without having to sneak around.

He directed and told them more...unfiltered...information about the place.

There were wings in the Firework Zone. Medical, Engineering, Science, Military ( training ), Cafeteria, and Vehicle wing. There were some smaller wings within the prominent wings, but that was unimportant.

Mingi and Wooyoung will most likely be in the Military wing, and Yeosang will most likely be in the medical branch.

Because they were Greenies, they started by doing "the work nobody wants to do."

Yeosang was already used to doing it when training to become a nurse. The other two did not like the sound of that.

To up your rank, You needed both time and skill.

The longer you stayed, you went up a level. A greenie becomes yellow after a year. After that, it was based on skill and performance.

If you were in the engineering wing, it depended on how well you performed. Identical for all the other branches.

However, if you were also a scouter/ fighter, you moved ranks by how well you fought.

If you were born in the zone, you were a Greenie until you were 18. They lived with their parents until they reached 15. Then they moved into the Greenie dorm.

Couples over 25 could move into a small apartment with two other couples.

If no apartments were left, anyone over 60 with no kids moved back into the dorms.

However, it was rare for anyone to live past age 55.

Wooyoung thought it was stupid, but the glares Yeosang gave him silenced him.

Red was the highest you could go for fighters and Scouters.

Black was for the leaders, those in charge, or anyone of importance.

Scouters/ fighters were the ones that went out to scout the area for any survivors. If their scanners picked up any life form (that wasn't zombies), they were the ones that went out.

Wooyoung noticed how Changbin wanted to say more but stopped himself about Scouters. He felt there was more than meets the eye to this place, but he didn't want to say anything. The boy was going to get as much information as possible before doing anything.

Changbin shows them each wing, showing them how it works and introducing some of the workers there.

Wooyoung learned that Jongho in the science department, San worked in the engineering wing, and Yunho in the vehicle wing when they weren't scouting.

The people with the armbands were the leaders. Each leader was in charge of a section/ wing of the zone. Hongjoong was like the president, as everyone else was the mayor and the governor.