Episode 13: Sunrise || Part 2

-Somewhere in Lazia City-

A cool breeze blew in Wooyoung's face, causing his hair to be blown back before resting again. A blanket covered his shoulders, providing him the warmth he needed through the cool night.

He looked around, scanning the area to find nothing but the beautiful ruins of the city.

The moon was bright, and the stars were a map for those who needed them.

Loud groans wailed in the distance, causing Wooyoung to sigh an empathic breath.

"Hey," San softly said, looking up from the ground. "Got room for one more?"

"San?" Wooyoung moved over to look down over the ledge of the roof. "What are you doing up?"

"Couldn't sleep," San shrugged, jumping and pulling himself onto the roof. "And Jongho kept kicking me away."

"Ahh," Wooyoung nodded, scouting to give San some space. "I see."

San sat beside him silently, raising his knees to his chest and hugging them. He looked over and saw Wooyoung memorized by the stars. He looked up to see what Wooyoung was looking at and smiled.

The stars shined like tiny lights, helping the moon light up the night sky.

"They are so beautiful!" San beamed, his mouth opening for a wide smile.

Wooyoung looked over and grinned at the dimpled boy. "What? Never saw stars before, Safezone boy?"

San smiled and dropped, turning into a playfully hateful grin. "Not all the time, but at least I could sleep without worrying about zombies."

Wooyoung scoffed, raising his hands in defeat. "Toućhe, you win this one."

"Do you know the constellations?" San asked, turning back to look up.

"Some of 'em," Woooyung pointed at the Draco constellation. "That's the Draco constellation, that one is Orion's Belt, and that one is the Big Dipper."

"Orion's belt? What's that one?"

"You don't know it?"

"No, that's why I asked."

"Okay, wiseass," Wooyoung gently pushed San. "It's a sad story, really."

"How sad?"

"Very," Wooyoung frowned. "There are different versions so I will tell you my favorite version."

"Okay," San moved closer to Wooyoung. "What is it?"

"There was once a great mortal hunter named Orion," Wooyoung began, looking back at the stars. "And a Greek goddess named Artemis. They grew close despite their different backgrounds. They would hunt together, laugh, love," he smiled.

"They were best friends in love. Soulmates. A relationship no one expected. One day, Apollo, the goddess twin brother, was unhappy about their relationship. He didn't like that his sister was in love with a mere human. So, he made a plan to kill the hunter. However, the plan failed, causing Artemis to kill her own lover accidentally. His helpless body lying coldly in her arms, she begged her father, Zeus, to save him. Zeus could only do so much and turned him into stars so they could be together forever in the sky."