Episode 18: Precious (2)

-Somewhere in The New World-

The woman, whose name was Eda Johnson, welcomed the boys with open arms. 

The group learned one thing very quickly.

Eda was a sassy, curvy black woman that was as strong as a bull and a mama bear not to be messed with.

They spent a week there, Eda teaching them everything they needed to know about the farm. How to farm, take care of the livestock, and fetch water from the well. Mingi and Eda tried their best to teach the group a bit of sign language, just enough to get by.

Their stay allowed them to rest and recover from the harsh environments. No zombies were seen for miles on end—just some dead patches of grass and sand. Everyone even started to love their tan... except Yunho...he was still as pale as a ghost.

It confused everyone.

Most of them got their rooms. Eda, of course, has her own. Seonghwa and Hongjong were sharing. Jongho and Mingi got their own. San and Yunho sharing, and Yeosang and Wooyoung.

San and Yunho's room had bunk beds, and Wooyoung's room had a queen size.

The rooms fit them perfectly.

Wooyoung helped Eda in the kitchen, from cleaning and prepping to cooking; he was there. He learned all the good from her and the different types of food one could make.

Eda picked on Wooyoung every chance she got, quickly earning Wooyoung's respect. They formed a teasing relationship, Wooyoung starting something and Eda finishing it.

"I can't read hand movements!"

"She said, apparently, you can't read the room, either."

"Eda! How do you do this at your age? Shouldn't you be using a cane?"

"She said, even at this age, I still look better than you. And she can kick your ass."

If she wasn't fighting with Wooyoung, she was babying Yunho. She quickly picked a favorite, babying Yunho every chance she had. Eda claimed that Yunho reminded her of her son, whom she had lost, from his goofy smiles to his tall height.

"Mrs. Jonhson! Thank you for the blanket! I was super soft!"

"She said, you're welcome, Yunho. Anything for my big puppy."

"Oh! Mrs. Eda! Thank you for the warm towels! It was amazing!"

"She said, you're welcome, baby. Now, go and help with supper—also, Yunho. I am going to kill you. It was my turn to have warm towels."

"Suck a dick, Mingi."

"Eda said don't use that language."

If Eda wasn't doing those two things, she was teaching Yeosang, Hongjoong, and Seonghwa how to knit and crochet. Showing them how to make blankets, clothes, pot warmers, and whatever the yarn would let them create.

Seonghwa and Hongjoong were her 'parent' targets. She was laughing at how they fought more like an old married couple than she did with her wife. For some reason, she even gave them parenting advice on how to deal with crazy kids before staring directly at Wooyoung and Mingi.