- Traffic light -

Ages 17-18

Modern!AU - The cast were never actors.

-----

You hear your bestfriend laugh at you from the backseat while you scream the lyrics to Steal My Girl by One Direction, dancing and tapping the steering wheel.

Looking forward, you spot a red light up ahead so naturally you slow your speed and come to a stop.

The two of you continue to dance and sing when you notice a car stop beside you.

Looking over you see a gorgeous guy dancing and singing to his own song.

His hair was curly, bouncing around as he danced to the song playing in his car. His fingers were tapping along the steering wheel while he sung out and you couldn't help but smile at the guy.

Shaking your head, you go turn back to face the road ahead and continue dancing while you wait for the green light.

"But I know! I know–"

Your friend taps your shoulder, cutting you off.

"Hey, he's staring at you."

He points to the gorgeous man in the car next to yours.

Turning your head, you look over to see the boy was indeed looking at you.

Smiling, you send the boy a wave, earning one right back before you both begin dancing to the songs playing in your cars.

He keeps his gaze on yours, raising his eyebrow a little before raising his arms and doing a little arm wave towards you.

You laugh and catch the wave, rolling it through your own arms before sending it right back.

For the first time ever, you're actually glad its taking a long time for the lights to change colour. Usually you'd angrily yell at the lights to turn green but know you want them to stay red forever.

After a few seconds of dancing, the boy shakes his head lightly, smiling before rolling his window down.

He motions for you to do the same and you nod, rolling your own window down.

The boys smile brightens and you swear to God that you feel your heart melt right then and there.

"Whats your name gorgeous?"

Oh fuck me.

You send him a smile before answering.

"Y/n, yours?!"

He smirks, licking his lips and nodding slowly.

"Y/n," He mumbles and you fight the urge to roll your eyes back.

"Hi Y/n, I'm Mason!"

You nod your head.

"Hey Mason, Nice dance moves."

He laughs, covering his face.

"Oh God." He mutters to himself in embarrassment, a blush covering his cheeks.

"I liked yours too!"

Blushing, you shake your head and look back at your bestfriend who's wiggling his eyebrows at you.

You turn back to Mason but before you can say anything a car horn cuts you off.

You head snaps up to look at the traffic light and you notice its green. "Aw, shit."

You look back over at Mason and he sends you a small pout, making you smile lightly.

"Maybe fate will bring us back together." You say.

"Hopefully!" He yells.

The two of you quickly roll your windows back uo as more cars begin beeping at you from behind.

You let out one last sigh before driving in the direction you were headed to in the first place, looking in your rareview mirror to see Mason turn down a different road.

"Damn that fucking sucks. He seemed cool." You groan and your best friend laughs from behind you.

"Hey, maybe fate will bring you back together." He says sarcastically, batting his eyelashes and you glare at him.

"Shut the fuck up Tristan."

+++

Mason watches your car drive off down the road before taking a turn to where he was supposed to go.

"Damnit. She seemed perfect." He mutters to himself and he hears his friend's laugh come from behind him.

"Yeah, that sucks. For you." Madeleine says, tapping his shoulder, causing him groan and roll his eyes.

"Fate better fucking exist because I swear to god she was like, the love of my life." Mason mutters and Madeleine raises her eyebrow at him through the mirror.