Prolouge

"What will it take for you to love me?" a voice said revealing a blond young man, kneeling in front of a tall figure, his voice already hoarse from crying non-stop.

  "Should I become like Jeremy?" He asked. "If I do, then will you call my name dearly as you do his?"

Claude was looking down at Athanasia, his face devoid of warmth. Instead, it showed nothing but cold indifference towards the boy.

  "And watch me with warmth in your eyes? " Athanasios continued while tugging onto his father's pants, hoping that he would, for the first time in forever, show his mercy. "Will you hold me in your arms... without pushing me away?"

  "Such a thing won't happen until the day I die," Claude told him unhesitatingly.

  "Why is that?" Athanasios asked shakily. "I'm your son too, father. I was by your side much longer than Jeremy."

  "You fool.". His glowing jewelled blue eyes could pierce through anyone's soul.

  'That piercing contempt,' Athanasios's thoughts

  'His voice digging into my ears was crueller than ever.'

  Realising that begging for his life to be spared was futile, his trembling hands let go of Claude's pants as more tears fell down his cheeks until they dropped onto the cold floor.

  "There was never a day I considered you my son", Claude told him coldly.

Claude was heartless until the very end.

  The deepest of despair like never before flooded Anasthasios's eyes ...

  - Lovely Prince, chapter 8, Twisted Faith.

baby Athanasios dropping his rattle with a surprised look on his face.

'What's this? Why did I suddenly think of that novel? The romance novel I read because a customer left it.

  'The title and the plot were tacky and childish too,' Athanasios's train of thought continued.

  Athanasios was rolling around on the floor. 'Get out of my head this instant!' He thought.

"Hm?" the maid who was looking after the baby prince noticed the rolling rattle. "Oh god, How clumsy, he keeps dropping it. Don't be a nuisance and play quietly with your toy." the maid said as she returned the rattle to him.

  'Babies don't have good grip, fool!' Athanasios thought.

'She picked it up from the ground and gave it back to me without even wiping it. Is she belittling me for being an 'outcast' of a prince? I sure hope not,' Athanasios thought.

  Athanasios dropped the rattle again.

  "What's wrong? Ugh, I already have my hands full with all this sewing," the maid gave the rattle to the prince but he threw it to the side.

  "Nyo!" Athanasios cried.

  'I don't want this, it's not what I want! Do you really think a rattle would be entertaining at my age? '

  "Are you bored with it now?" the maid asked. Athanasios nodded in response.

  The maid picked the small prince up and put him inside the baby cradle. "Let's lay you down," the maid said before leaving the room.

  'Is she going to the head maid? If you're going back for another rattle, don't bother!"

  "Uaun, " Athanasios looked up to see the baby mobile above him and tried reaching for it. 'Ha... I'll never get used to this.'

'I went to sleep after taking some sleeping pills...'

'And woke up to baby.'

A newborn Athanasios. 'This makes no sense! Me, suddenly becoming a baby?! And to top it off, I'm a prince.'

  "Prince!" the same maid burst into the room. "The head maid said our budget is low. You'll have to play with this," she gave the prince the same rattle from earlier.

  'Ah, this girl does this all the time!' Athanasios thought. 'Is she allowed to just abruptly open a door to a baby's room like this?!'

  "I won't coddle you if you start crying. I'm really busy right now," the maid sat on the seat she was sitting on earlier.

'How cold! I'm a baby ... she should be nicer to me!' Athanasios thought as a single tear fell from one of his large eyes.

  'I guess not every prince is treated as one. From being an orphan in my previous life, it's nice to be reborn as a prince.'

  Athanasios began to cry. 'But why did it have to be a prince that everyone hates?!'

TBC...