Ch 9

"It seems like he kinda cares and treasures the prince."

I almost have heart attack when Felix said that.

you said 'kinda' treasures and cares? Hah! Who would believe that?!

"I-Is that so...?"

See? Lily never stumbles over words!

"Yes. His majesty is currently looking for a personal knight to stand by prince's side. Besides me, who is doing this permanently."

Felix smiled while saying that.

"So... I'm looking forward to work with you, prince."

Anyways, that is how Claude's knight, Felix, has become my personal knight which was unexpected.

* * *

Now I see that recruiting new maids was not that good.

I realized that Claude didn't give me extra maids, but replaced them with the previous maids who worked here. That means, the maids I put a lot of effort into making them side with me were all gone.

Even though I begged hard that I wanted to see the previous maids to Lily, she only made an apologizing face. I heard that the maids who were replaced with all left the palace this morning and were hired to another palace.

I was very upset by how the maids left the palace without any last words.

I know it is not a thing to be so upset about, but you can't do anything about human's heart.

I was even more upset when the new maids showed no affection to my cuteness and just went on doing their job.

Even though they were still maids... Is there a difference between the maids who were abandoned to work here, and the maids Claude had picked himself? Do you know how hard I worked to make all the maids to side on me! Sob!

"I wanna see Hannah and Seth."

"You'll be able to see them again for sure if the prince wants to."

"When?"

"Umm, in 10 days?"

And I didn't believe in that kind of adult words. Isn't it the words they use to lie to kids?

Lily started to sweat again when I made an unsatisfied expression. That was when Felix, who was watching us from the side, started to speak.

"You could try talking to his majesty."

From his words, both Lily and I stared at Felix as if we were asking 'Are you crazy?'.

However, he was just staring back at us with 'Did I say something I wasn't supposed to say' face.

Felix told me before that the lotus flower in the lake was a magical plant which makes people want to have it and pulls them into water. It was worse of what it did afterwards. It would then eat that human.

Claude you bastard! How dare you just stare at me at that situation! Ah, I am starting to get angry again with just thinking about it.

"By the way, his majesty said that he wanted to have his feast together with prince."

Nonetheless... The anger that had risen was now gone cold by what Felix just said. With a pale face, I buried my face in Lily's arms.

Prince, why don't-"

"No!"

I ignored Lily's pitiful expression and turned my face over to the other side.

"But it will be the day you'll meet up with his majesty..."