Ch 33

Claude walked inside his room and gently laid sleeping Athanasios on his bed. He had started to doze off in the way so Claude picked him and he comfortably slept in his arms.

He then pulled up the cover over him and then also laid on bed. Claude was staring at his sleeping son face. He remember when Athanasios left him in ball.

"You were exactly like her. Her face, her kind nature. Everything my child."

Flashback

  "Your Majesty."

Sighing, Claude turned around to see roger annoying face.

"Greetings from your humble subject, Roger Alpheus."

Roger approached him with his hand on his chest to greet him. "Blessings and glory upon-"

"That is enough," he told the duke. He was not exactly in the mood to deal with him.

The two of them were seeing the charm of ball. Eventually their eyes landed on the boys who were around the prince age.

"How moving it is that the prince is already having her debut,"

" He was so very small the first time I saw him."

"The whole ballroom is buzzing with the talk of how Your Majesty attended the debutante of the prince in person," Roger continued. "Of course, I was quite surprised myself."

"If Your Majesty had more children, I'm sure you would have cherished them the same."

"Other children. What a useless supposition."

"As you said, only a supposition, your majesty," Roger replied.

"Are you the type of person who often enjoys saying useless things?"

"Only because one can never be sure of the future."

"In this case, I can be sure." He ignored the wary stare. "Unless this child splits into two."

Roger stared at him with wide eyes, completely taken aback by what he just heard. "... Is that so?"

"Your Majesty. My ward is having his debut with the prince today as well. May we greet you after this song is over?" He carefully said next words so that it couldn't made him angry.

"Your ward," Claude said. "That child you're constantly brag about?"

Roger nodded. "Yes. A child the Alpheus House has been caring for since he was little."

Claude's lip curled upward and stared at the white-haired man with his glowing jewel blue eyes. He looked like he could kill the man at any moment.

"Young child of this age are as delicate as glass. There's a limit to how well an adult can tend to them. Wouldn't the prince be glad to have another young boy his own age as a friend?"

"he may not show it, but I'm sure he's lonely."

Claude looked away from Roger. "Lonely?"

"The prince is such a bright young lady, he wouldn't say it out loud. But there must be an emptiness within his heart." Roger shook his head. "Of course, Your Majesty would already know this without my saying so."

  "... You're making a racket on top of all this music. I've heard enough from you today. Go."

"What a lucky turn of fate that the two are in the same room. Let's not -"

"I said that's enough," Claude rose his voice at the duke. Glaring at him one last time, he said, "I don't want my time with my son to be interrupted."

  "... Yes, Your Majesty."

Flashback end.

"I will do everything within my power so please..."

****

The moon was out and stars were twinkling in the black night.

Lucia was on the roof of the tower of magic. Lucia eyes were glowing under the light of moon.

"What to do?"

She is given two choices and to choose on thing is difficult for her. She can choose first option but is hesitant because of Athanasios who is sleeping soundly without knowing anything.

This was laughable. Hesitation for a person who does whatever she wants to do, and a person who never got blocked by other people before.

"Should I just leave him be."

So if she left now, he would die soon for sure.

She remembered their precious moments.

"But should I stay for a while longer."

"Mmm. I should."

'Yes. Staying for a little longer will be fine.'

She stood up and the next moment only moonlight was there.

****

Jeremy who was staring out the window, muttered.

"Athanasios...."

"He is my brother."

Jeremy whispered under the moonlight. He was right now thinking of the handsome and beautiful prince to whom he gave the broach back and talked.

"Thank you."

"He was like a fairytale prince..."

Jeremy stared out the window, dreaming about what happened to him earlier.

"It's is a dream."

"And father..."

Thought that how was his father was looking when he entered the ball room.

"...Should I tell him?"

****

On the rooftop of the building, a tall figure stood on top of it.

"Things are turning out to be rather interesting," the strange man said to the other being who is sitting at the corner.

"It's going to be fun." The sitting person said chuckling creeping.

The man felt a jolt of pain. Thankfully, he didn't fall his balance. He watched as his right hand shook terribly. Other person was seeing him irritated.

"What a weak toy." sitting person mumbled to himself.

"First..." The man looked off into the distance, where the tall magic tower stood.

"I should replenish my mana a bit."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
And the dream-like night came to it's end.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

TBC...