Ch 41

"You're... going away?"  Athanasios stared at her with widened eyes. He doesn't want to believe it.

"Why? Where?"

Lucia stared down at him before smiling a small smile and opened her mouth.

"To find the Sacred World Tree."

*Crash!*

"Ugh..."

Claude with pained expression staggered down in dark hallways. It was night. His entire body was aching all over and he was feeling very dizzy. His head was spinning. He was breathing heavily as sweat dripped down his body.

He pressed his hand against his head as headache became unbearable and lost his balance causing him to stumble on the floor.

He in pain unintentionally pushed a nearby vase breaking it into pieces on the floor. Groaning in immense pain, he fell down, only to be supported by putting his arm over the pedestal.

It hurts... so much.

"Jeremy!" Claude yelled out in desperation for his child. Only he can fade away this pain.

"Jeremy!" he screamed once more. He was making very sure not to collapse from this intense pain. After some time Jeremy came in bursting the door of the room, rushing towards him with an anxious expression on his face.

"Father!" He cried out as he knelt down in front of him. This was bad. Claude's health is getting worse by each day passing. His health got worse since the death of his brother Athanasios.

Jeremy heart was beating rapidly at the thought of losing his father after his brother. "Father, does your head hurt again?" he asked making sure that his voice don't waved but failed.

"Ugh..." Claude groaned in pain.

Due to the light of moon, Jeremy jewel blue eyes were glowing dimly. "Father..." his words trailed off as he tried to help him by supporting him.

He looked around, hoping someone could help his father since he was useless in this situation and don't know what to do.

"What's happening?" A maid wonder in a soft whisper.

It seemed that Jeremy wasn't listening to the voice since his whole focus was on Claude. "His Majesty is in such a state..."

Two maids were whispered with each other, they looked out of the window and saw that there was a heavy downpour. They were able to hear the emperor screaming out the prince name.

"He can barely manage everyday duties, let alone rule the country."

Lightning was getting wild and the sound of thunder became louder.

"The palace is so chaotic lately too," one of the maids whispered to the other.

"That rumour can't be real... right?"

"What rumour?" She asked her. Someone had begun to step out from the shadows.

"You haven't heard?"

Jeremy felt a sudden chill sensing someone coming closer to them and his gut feeling was telling him that it is not good. Tears were forming in his eyes. 'What... What should I do?'

"Heard what?"

'W-What should I do?' Jeremy thought in desperation.

The maid leaned closer and whispered into her coworker's ear. "Don't go telling it anywhere."