Ch 20

Felix and Lucia left the room. Claude and I were the only one in the room.

"Yawn, sleepy."

There was no way to figure out if I actually tricked him or he realized my acting but he made a 'tsk' sound and set me to bed.

"Stop doing such a thing and sleep."

I wasn't really going to sleep but I fell asleep as soon as Claude's hand touched my eyes. I was gonna go see Blackie after pretending to sleep!

But my plan was ruined. By Claude of course.

And I met mommy again. Mommy was dancing in the greens like last time.

The sight was black when I opened my eyes again.

Eek, how long did I sleep for. I fell asleep by an accident. My day just passed by.

Feeling unfair, I rubbed my eyes with my 2 hands but soo stopped.

"...."

Claude was seen under the moonlight. He was sitting on the edge of the bed looking out the window expressionlessly.

I stared at him feeling weird.

...So I was right. It was you who made me dream on mommy. It was always the day after I met Claude I dreamed of her, and further more the mommy in my dreams....

"It's still midnight. Close your eyes and sleep more."

A quiet sound went in my ears with the sound of the wind. I pulled the blanket up to my eyes.

I felt weird seeing me and Claude's distance so close than the day we first met.

"I'll be here until you are completely asleep."

Why is those words so warm when you are saying coldly?

I muttered inside then closed my eyes again.

That night I was able to sleep well without any dreams.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Did prince fall asleep?"

"Yes."

"He seems comfortable."

Felix had a relieved face.

"The wizard went to her room. Strange parts of her weren't found yet but should we keep on researching?"

"Nothing bad being careful. Do not let your guard down."

"Understood."

Claude and Felix both couldn't believe in that wizard who came from nowhere.

But it was true that girl cured the prince. No one could imagine how the prince would be like if she didn't come on time.

Claude looked down at the kid who acted in order to defend for his pet.

Zzzzz.

The faint sound of his breathing was clear in the ears. Claude who was quiet for a moment spoke quietly in a low voice.

"I thought it wouldn't matter when or how he disappeared from my eyes."

His gaze looking at the sleeping child was still cold.

"Funny that that weren't it."

"Your majesty."

"Get out if you're going to talk nonsence again. I don't feel like listening today."

Felix stayed quiet for a while before bowing and leaving the room. Then the room gain its aura again.

Claude stared at the kid sleeping without his guard up.

To be truth, he was always seeking for timing, a chance.

'Dad!'

Will I be able to kill him today? Can I kill him today. Like that, for each and every day. And after today, tomorrow.

'Dad. Hehe.'

But in the end he couldn't kill him.

'Athan love daddy!'

Damn that woman.

He held in the swearings.

You could've left and that would be good for all but uselessly leaving a thing same as her behind.

'Daddy, good morning!'

Spiteful woman.

When she left so irresponsible. But still on going on me that I cannot even forget about you.... I almost forgot all of it. Just almost.

But he remembered all again seeing those two big round eyes.

'I like papa love Athan so much!'

He didn't know why these words were frustratingly hurting. Tingle tingle. And also the reason why does his heart tingle whenever he sees the boy.

The kid was always brightly smiling at him not knowing he was thinking of killing him. That is when become frustrated.

It was normal that he wanted to kill him more as the day passed by.

But....

'Wahh! It hurts, sniff. Oww....'

But he got angry when he actually was in a situation where he was really going to die.

'Oww. Dad, it hur.... Wahh.'

Don't be ridiculous.

'This is because of some kind of magical creature.'

You don't have to be like your mom at something like this too.

'I will kill it.'

'Your majesty! The young wizard said she can cure the prince. Killing this creature can be considered after prince wakes up.'

'My mind's already set. Why do I need to keep a thing alive when it hunts down his owner's life?'

That mut was easily held in his hand.

That thing would stay still rolling his eyes carefully not knowing what danger he was in. That stupidity reminded him of its owner that it annoyed him.

'Your majesty, calm down. Using this creature, controlling prince's mana can go easier.'

Athanasio, a kid inexcusable like his name.

He was annoying to him. So he thought of killing him a lot. Seeming the saying kids can see through a person's mind is true, the boy would show a little fear everytime as if he saw through him.

Even though he knew, he'd always act cold.

It would be great if he was scared and wouldn't dare come to see me. The he and the child will be more comfortable. Then he wouldn't be thinking back to his past.

But the kid would always come the day afterwards and start to smile like an idiot. That was extremely annoying.

'Do anything you can. If the prince dies, you die with.'

I want to kill him who is hateful whenever I see him. But I also want to see him more. No, I want to get rid of him right now. But just for a little longer....

His mind wouldn't stay calm. Ah, everything is annoying.

"Athanasio."

He could kill him any time if he wanted to. That is why I'm keeping you alive.

"I hate you."

Claude whispered again at the kid with his eyes closed.

"I hate you."

But his words wouldn't go into the sleeping one's ears but his own and would go deep inside his feelings.

"I...."

But his hand reaching for his neck would go up to his forehead and would lightly touch it. His mouth didn't open watching the boy sleep.

And his shadow by the boy wouldn't leave for the rest of the night.

"Please don't leave me..."

TBC...