Ch 34

"Prince! Look at all these invitations!"

Days had passed since the debutante party. It was a bright day in the Obelian Empire and the Sapphire palace was already in chaos as in front of the me was a large stack of letters from various noble houses.

Ces picked up a couple of letters and examined them. "Are these all invitations?" she asked.

"Yes. And more will arrive from now on," Hannah said with a smile on her face.

Lily chuckled. "Ah, I'm so happy to see this day."

I flipped through the invitations one by one, slightly surprised by the amount of them.

Ever since the debut, invitations requesting my presence at parties have started flooding in.

"Which house's invitation will you accept first?" Hannah asked.

"Well, I don't really know yet," I said busy in reading the contents of each invitation.

"How about Marquess House Irain?" Hannah suggested. "House Irain is known to have a very beautiful girl." The maid smiled dreamily and sighed.

"Hannah you know that prince has already his eyes on a girl."

Lily told Hannah, causing the her to giggle.

"Lily!" I shouted flustered.

She giggles including other also.

Yeah yeah! Make fun as much as you want. Wait till...hah! What I am even expecting from that idiot girl.

But can I really attend these sort of things?

I've never been out of the castle before.

Should I ask dad?

****

I knocked the door and opened it a little of Claude office after I said,

"Dad are you busy?"

"Sit down and wait."

Smiling, I walked inside and went to my regular comfortable and luxury seat which dad has made for me specially.

"I'll be quiet."

The sound of the quill's sharp tip scratching on the parchment made me realise that he was actually a capable emperor.

The smell of ink...

It's unexpected, but this type of thing also suits him well.

I thought he always just fooled around but he works pretty hard.

That reminds me, they do refer to him as a saint and a good king in the storybooks...

This little stone statue thing... Wasn't this on dad's desk before?'

It's very weird and ugly.

"Do you want it?"

Claude asked me which caused me jumping from my seat.

"Ah! No. It looked funny..."

"Yeah. You are right. It's nothing but an ugly piece of stone."

Then why is it placed so carefully in his office?

What weird taste you have. But I'll respect it.

"Did you come here to say something?"

" Well some invitations came for me and I want to ask you if I can go outside the palace?"

"How arrogant."

"Who do they think they are, ordering you to visit them?"