One

But I got smarter, I got harder in the nick of time
Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time
l've got a list of names and yours is in red underlined
I check it once, then I check it twice

Look What You Made Me Do x Taylor Swift

Beckham

"Hold up, it's me!"

"Jake! How did you find me?!"  I quickly let the candlestick holder fall to the ground and launch myself into his arms. 

"The tracker I had put in your bracelet led me right to you, looks like it's already proved it's worth tenfold.  I'm so fuckin' happy you wore it tonight and didn't lose it in the chaos."

Jake's arms wrap around me and pull me tight to his chest.  I allow myself a second of comfort before I snap back to the problem at hand. 

"Honey as happy I am to be wrapped up in you, we have an issue.  Terrorist Barbie over there hinted at the possibility of the hotel being rigged to blow, we gotta get everyone out immediately!" I warn. 

"Already on it, Short Stack.  Nix and Roost worked with local PD to evacuate everyone and bomb squad is en route.  Let's get out of here just in case though," he says with a kiss to my head.  Those dang soft kisses melt my soul every time.  He hands me a gun from his tac belt, zip ties she devil, and fireman carries her out of the building.  We rush through the lobby doors and the police immediately take Karrie from Jake.  Bradley and Nat are next to an ambulance, pacing nervously back and forth.  One of the officers confirms the hotel is cleared and that bomb squad has arrived on scene. The relief I feel is palpable, although short lived. The adrenaline has worn off and I start to get lightheaded.

"Uhh, Jake. I don't feel too good," I barely manage to get out before collapsing into his body. The last thing I hear is a chorus of "Beckham!"s before I'm down for the count.

Jake

Beckham crashes into my side as soon as the last word leaves her mouth and I'm quick to scoop her up into my arms. Rooster and Phoenix see this happen and shout her name in concern. I rush her over to the ambulance and give the paramedic all the information I have at the moment.

"I don't know much, but I do know she was taken against her will and was hit at least once since she's bleeding. I suspect some kind of drug was involved because she's an ass kicker and there would have been more of a struggle otherwise," I explain. They load her onto the gurney and hook her up to all the monitors, allowing me to climb aboard with her before taking off to the nearest hospital. I send a message to the group informing them of where we're headed and they promise to be there as quickly as possible. She's taken straight to an exam room once we arrive and the nurse asks me step out of the room. After putting up a strong fight, she busts out her scary nurse face (I've seen it on Beckham before and I know to not argue when that look comes out) and I back out of the room begrudgingly. The nurse has to cut her dress off, I know she's gonna be so pissed about that when she wakes up, and they quickly dress her in a hospital before I'm allowed back in. As I step through the doorway, Bradshaw and Trace bust through the entrance and their eyes land on me. I ask the nurse if they're allowed in as well since they're family, and she agrees. Rooster and I slip into the room and immediately park ourselves in the chairs next to the bed, subconsciously standing guard. Phoenix hangs back and whispers something to the nurse and they share a look of worry.

"What was that about, Nix?" I ask as soon as she's into the room.

"They always like to know about a woman's last menstrual cycle and I figured I'd provide the information. Unless you wanted that task?" She shoots my way.

"Nah, you already got it covered. I know when her last one was, thank you very much," I reply smugly, making her roll her eyes.

The nurse returns a few minutes later and straps another band around her abdomen and against her skin. "What's that for?" I'm quick to question.

"Just an extra precaution, we just want to make sure there's no internal damage," she smiles at me. I shrug and turn my attention back to Beck, sliding my chair next to the bed and wrapping her hand in mine. The monitor that was just attached lets out a whooshing sound, making me crinkle my eyebrows as I try to figure out where I've heard it before. It's on the tip of my tongue when Beck's heart rate starts to pick up and her hand squeezes mine. "Beckham? Sweetheart, can you hear me?"

Beckham

I let out a groan as my eyes finally pop open. "God I feel like I did the day after my 21st birthday. Is everyone ok?" I ask, tightening my hand around Jake's.

"Everyone is fine, baby girl. You did amazing and then passed out once we were in the clear." Jake tells me, lovingly running the back of his hand down my cheek. "There was one casualty, though. Your dress didn't quite make it, they had to cut it off," he grimaces.

"Well shit. Oh well, it probably won't fit me the same again anyway. Also, what's that whooshing sound?" I ask the nurse that just walked in. Nat and Roo had slipped out to grab her once I woke up and I caught Nat pulling his arm to keep him in the hallway. That's weird, I wonder why she did that? Oh shit! Nevermind, I know why. The nurse looks at me for permission before explaining the noise.

I nod my head in confirmation and she smiles as she speaks. "Well that, Miss Teague, is your baby's heartbeat."

"Ummm her what now?!" Jake asks, eyes bouncing comically between my belly, my face, and the nurse repeatedly. The nurse, whose badge reveals her name to be Holly, gently tells me to push the call button when I'm ready and slips out of the door.

"Surprise? I had this super cute idea to tell you on your birthday after I'd gone to the doctor to confirm everything, but Evil Bitch Barbie ruined that." The first part comes out shyly, the latter more of a grumble.

"You're having my baby, Angel?" Jake asks as tears gather in his eyes, making mine misty as well. Jeez these hormones are kicking my ass.

"I'm having our baby, cowboy."

Jake leans in, locks my face between his hands, and kisses me hard. I feel every emotion through our connected lips and sigh happily. Suddenly, Jake jerks back and has a new look of concern in his eyes.

"Sweetheart, I'm kinda mad but also kinda turned on that you kicked some serious ass while knowing you're pregnant. No more craziness for you, you're carrying very precious cargo. Deal?"

"Deal, cowboy. I do have a quick question, though. Will it be weird calling you daddy now?"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Aaaaaannnndd there it is y'all! Baby Hanglo on board 🥰