Twenty One

Walk away then we hit rewind
A little touch, a little buzz
Don't know what keeps keepin' it up
Is it your heart or mine?
Is it whiskey or wine?
Is it somethin' in the night
Makin' us wanna cross that line?
Girl, we're playin' with fire
Love ain't too far behind
It's just a matter of time till it finds
Your heart or mine

Your Heart Or Mine x Jon Pardi

Beckham

It's the end of a long, ass kicking week, and the whole Pathfinder team has found their way to The Hard Deck for the night.  I'm the first to arrive and am slumped over Aunt Pen's bar nursing my drink until everyone else gets here.

"What's on your mind, sunshine?" Aunt Pen asks, shaking me out of my stupor. 

"Huh?  Oh, nothing.  Just tired of dealing with the egos of all these dipshits.  The only person I don't wanna throat punch right now is Phoenix, and that's just narrowly.  They're all the best and argue over it alllllll the time.  It's nauseating and so dumb," I huff, finally cutting off my frustrated rambling. 

"Kick all their asses.  Beat them at their own games.  It sounds like the only way they'll shut up is if you show them that the Mitchell/Teague blood pumping through you holds more talent than they can ever dream of having.  You're a badass, my sweet girl.  Remind them of that, I'll have Pete come up with some clever courses for you to show off your skills next week and maybe you'll shut them all up for good."

"That is some phenomenal advice AP, thank you," I smile at her, mischief twinkling in our eyes. 

The rest of the team finally descends on the bar and shots are ordered.  Naturally Rooster and Hangman make it a competition on who can drink more without making a face, and I ask to join. 

"Well alright then, short stack!  Pick your poison," Jake grins broadly. 

"Kentucky girls are raised on bourbon, send some my way AP!" I holler at my aunt down the bar top.  She smirks, knowing the shenanigans I'm getting myself into and brings me 4 shots of my own. 

"Here's the deal; if you make a face or choke, you lose.  Winner takes the title of who is the best and y'all shut the fuck up about it from here on out because I'm so damn sick of hearing the same argument on repeat.  Bob, you're the judge.  We each take a shot until one of us makes a face, and you're the most honest of us all so you're making the calls.  Rules are Bob counts down from 3, tap the glass on the bar after 3, then shoot.  If you make a face, you're out and have to take your remaining shots back to back until they're gone.  If you don't do your remaining shots, a consequence will be applied.  Ready, boys?"  I turn from Bob to Rooster and Hangman.

"Oooh, Halo's letting a little of the devil out tonight.  I like it.  But you're still gonna lose, darlin'" Hangman sends a devastating smirk my way and I wink back. 

"Oh please, I know you'd love to see my bad girl come out to play.  Tits up ladies!" I yell, lifting my glass up into the air, waiting for the countdown.  The boys do the same, Bob counts down, glasses are tapped, and shots are tossed back.  Bob's attention is focused on Rooster, so Hangman turns his gaze to mine as we swallow and set the glasses down.  He can hold his own, that's for sure.  Neither one of us even flinch as the liquid burns it's way down our chests. 

"Alright, all 3 of you passed.  Round two!" Bob exclaims.

Jake and I repeat the process, still no sign of weakness, but Rooster winces.  "Rooster's out!  Bottoms up on your next two back to back my friend," Bob says as he claps Rooster on the back.  He does, pulls a lemon face, and says no more shots for him for the night.  Now it's down to me and Hangman.  AP brings over 3 more shots, knowing I can hold my booze.  We down two more shots in the same way as the last two, gridlocked and showing no weakness, so I decide to play dirty.  With the next shot, I let a little dribble down the side of my lip, and knowing Seresin's attention is right on me, I let my tongue slip out and slowly swipe the errant drop before tucking it back between my lips and swallowing the rest.  Just as I predicted, Jake sputters and chokes on his shot, making him lose. 

"That was dirty, you little fallen angel.  But damn was it worth the loss.  I'm ready to accept my punishment."

He only has two shots left, and I'm hit with an idea that has me pulling the tiny glasses towards me.  "I have a better plan, do you trust me?" I ask with my most seductive eyes.  I can hear Aunt Pen and Phoenix chuckling in the background.  They have no idea what I'm about to do, but they know it'll be fun. 

"I'm all ears tiny, hit me," Seresin smirks. 

"Ok, first one you'll have to do with no hands.  Sound good?" I ask and he nods in response.  With a wicked smile, I tuck the first glass right in between my cleavage where it's held snugly in place by my bra. 

He groans, "Why ya gotta test a man's strength like that?  Good thing I have ice in my veins," he says the later with pure sex in his eyes and he moves closer to me.  His nose brushes my breastbone and his tongue teases the edge of my bra.  He flicks his eyes up to me, a mixture of mischief and a request of permission swirling in them.  I nod my head once to urge him to continue so he does.   His lips wrap around the top of the glass and I hear his teeth click against it as he secures it in his mouth, then he tips his head back, swallows the liquor, then flips the glass between his tongue and teeth with a smile before he sets the glass down.  "One down, one to go."  He goes to tuck the other glass between my breasts again and I stop his hand.  "Nope, I have another idea.  Still trust me?" I ask.

"Do your worst, pretty girl," he says, the dimples in his cheeks deepening as his smile grows. 

"Sit down, cowboy." I instruct and he obliges me.  "Now tilt your head back and open your mouth.  Stay like that until I tell you otherwise."  His eyebrow pops up in interest as he does what I ask.  I quickly dump the shot in my mouth, lean forward, and spit it into his mouth, our eyes searing into the other's the entire time.  He swallows and I pull back out of his space to let him sit back up as well.  The room is filled with Wolf whistles, hollers, and whoops as well as a few "get a room!"s.  I'm smirking smugly as he rises from his chair and wait for him to give me shit about it.  What I don't expect is for him to wrap his hand around my wrist and haul me outside.  I'm quickly pinned against the wall, his hands firmly planted on either side of my face. 

"That was a dirty play, sweet girl.  Time for you to pay up now."

Before I can think, his lips are on mine and his tongue is sweeping into my mouth. 

Wait a minute.

That's not how that happened. 

That's how I wished it happened.

What really happened was Jake slow clapped and officially deemed me the best of the best for being able to handle more shots than him and to catch him off guard. 

As soon as I realize this wasn't me reliving a memory, I start to gain consciousness.

"The fuck?" I groan. 

"Ah.  I see you're finally awake, sleeping beauty.  It's about time we had a chat."