Eighteen

We turned two worlds into one
Everything we said we'd do has been said and done
My oh my, I can't get you out of mind
So why would I even try?
I knew that it was coming but I didn't see it coming now
Little did I know you had the finger l'd be wrapped around
One look at you I saw everything I'd ever need
And you don't know what you do to me

Tie Me Down x Taylor Ray Holbrook

Jake

Today marks week 36 of Beckham's pregnancy and she is so done with it. God love her, Emmy Jett is using her rib cage as boxing ring and bouncing all over, her feet are swollen, and she's having pretty gnarly Braxton Hicks contractions.l so she's been put on bed rest until Emersyn gets here. She's trying so hard to be tough about it and not complain, but I can tell she's miserable. I try everything I can from foot or back rubs, bringing her all of her favorite drinks or snacks, and sitting through all 3 seasons of Love Is Blind on Netflix with her. Full disclosure, that show is my guilty pleasure. Nix also got Rooster to watch it so "we have something other than work to talk about" when they come visit, but I think he's secretly the one who enjoys it. Beckham has a doctors appointment tomorrow and I'm hopeful they're gonna schedule an induction date in the next two weeks, it kills me to see her so uncomfortable, especially since it's technically my fault. She's reminded me of this more than once, but quickly apologizes for being mad at me every time. I keep telling her I'd be more than ok if she wanted to be mad at me, but she said her being mad at me for it is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die; it only causes her problems. In the meantime, I've looked up what can help induce labor naturally. With her being on bed rest, she's not allowed to walk any distances further than across the house, so long walks are out of the question. Spicy foods are another option, but Beckham's heartburn is so bad right now that it's also off the table. She tried some mildly spicy wings the other night and the reflux it caused was so bad that she puked.

Which brings us to the last option. Sex. I'm very much onboard with this, but Beckham hasn't been too enthusiastic about it because she claims she's as big as our house and isn't attractive. Now, I highly disagree with that statement and still find her just as sexy as I did the day I met her. So, I plan on showing her just that. Operation: seduce my wife is a go! Mav has taken me off of duty for anything non life threatening until after Emersyn is born, so my time and attention is allllll on Beckham. Granted, if she doesn't want to be touched and would rather cut my dick off than have sex, I will hand her the knife to do it myself. I really hate how helpless I am in all of this. At least after Emmy is born, I can help take care of her. Right now all of the work falls squarely on Beck's adorable shoulders. Since my angel of a wife is napping at the moment, I take the opportunity to put my plan into motion. I place a couple of her favorite Strawberry Pound Cake scented candles from Bath & Body Works around the tub, and yes, I know what and where they come from because I pay attention to the small things...and that shit smells amazing so of course I made sure I knew where to get it. I grab the marshmallow lavender scented epsom salt her OB recommended and set it by the side of the tub as well. I'll run the water during phase one of my plan so it's the perfect temperature for her. Apparently, warm baths are great for helping with Braxton Hicks contractions and obviously also helps take some tension out of her sore muscles.

With the bathtub set up, I move on to get the cliche chocolate covered strawberries and the Welch's Sparkling Rosé grape juice I found at Target out of the fridge. Basic white boy shit, I know. But I'll do anything at this point to make her smile. I also did check with her OB about having sex since she's on bed rest. I was informed that as long as it's not anything "vigorous or physically draining" that it was fine. Works out for me anyway, since the goal is to make her feel loved, cherished, and relaxed. Not fucked hard. That'll be for wayyyy after she's cleared down the road. I have sisters, so I've been made aware of what a hormonal mess a newly postpartum mom can feel like. Before I get too ahead of myself, I hook my phone up to the Bluetooth speaker we have set up in the kitchen for later and head back to our room to cuddle up to Beckham until she wakes up.