Three

Lucky, lucky girl, she got married to a boy like you
She'd kick you out if she ever, ever knew
'Bout all the shit you tell me that you do
Dirty, dirty boy, you know everyone is talking on the scene
I hear them whispering about the places that vou've been
And how you don't know how to keep your business clean

Unholy x Sam Smith

Jake

After a night of attempting to sleep in an uncomfortable hospital bed, Beckham is finally discharged just after 9am.  Thankfully, Phoenix and Rooster brought my truck up here when they brought Beck a change of clothes so we don't have to wait for a ride.  We drop by the police station for Beckham to give her statement on her abduction and what all Karrie spilled before she knocked her out.  Once we're done there, we climb in the truck to head home.  I start the truck, but don't move to pull out of parking spot just yet. 

"You feeling like shit about making friends with the Coles under the ruse they were criminals only to find out they're not too?" Beckham asks from the passenger seat. 

"It's disturbing how easily you read me.  I'm really worried about how they'll take it, I unintentionally grew to care about them and it's gonna suck if they hate us for it," I tell her, finally shifting into drive and pulling out of the parking lot. 

"Me too.  I mean, I know our life here was temporary but I'm pretty sad to leave it," Beckham sighs sadly. 

"Well, given that Todd escaped in the chaos, it's probably safer that we're not gonna be here much longer.  When do you wanna go talk to Kate and Jensen?"  I know we need to be the ones to tell them since we were closest to them.  It's the least they deserve.

"I guess as soon as possible.  We'll check with Mav about how much we're allowed to share after we've cleaned up.  Part of me wants to lie and say they were never under suspicion but that's gonna bite me in the ass, I'm sure.  This sucks," she says with a little mist in her eyes. 

"It's gonna be ok, sweetheart.  I'll be with you the whole time, hell I'll even take the heat and tell them the truth that you didn't think they were guilty the whole time.  I got your back, tiny."  I rest my hand on her thigh for the rest of the drive home, occasionally squeezing her leg or rubbing my thumb up and down trying to offer comfort. 

Beckham

We immediately head for the bathroom, eager to wash last nights events and the hospital smell off our skin.  Jake unsurprisingly babies me by washing my hair and body.  After the soap rinses off my body, Jake crouches down in front of me and places his hands on my waist.  I'm about to raise my eyebrows in question, wondering about his intentions.  Before I can even put the thought together, he leans in and kisses right under my belly button.  "Hi, little nug.  It's your daddy, I already love you so much.  Keep on getting stronger but be good to your mama, ok?" He ends his little chat with a kiss and stands back up to his full height. He washes quickly then cuts off the water, leaving a kiss on my head and he steps out to grab our towels. We dry off and dress quickly, then head over to Rooster and Phoenix's house since Uncle Mav stayed with them after he got in last night. We don't even bother with the office at this point since everything's been blown open.

We're all scattered across the oversized sectional in the living room, my back against Jake's chest as we recline on the couch. Jake's hand subconsciously splays across my lower abdomen and it doesn't go unnoticed by the other two doofuses in the room. Bradley's eyebrows scrunch in though before he quickly blurts out "holy shit you're pregnant!" Uncle Mav's head snaps toward me instantly, shock and confusion on his face.

"SERESIN YOU KNOCKED MY NEICE UP?!" He shouts, jumping to his feet.

"Easy, Uncle Mav! It was my fault, I forgot my IUD expired in the spring," I reply from my still laid back position. Jake mindlessly pulled me closer to his chest when Uncle Mav shot up, but neither one of us moved other than that at the sudden action. His eyes soften as he quickly remembers I'm no longer a teenager and our previous conversations about the status of mine and Jake's relationships.

"We'll circle back to that later. For now, you need to know that Todd Jones managed to give authorities the slip at the party last night and it appears that he was engaged in an affair with Leah Reed.  Surveillance shows her leaving the hotel hand in hand with Jones and her husband brought the PD her goodbye letter to him this morning which included her telling him she's been cheating on him with Todd for over two years. Her husband, Drake, is devastated and apparently had no idea she was involved. This leads me to another issue, the Joneses daughter. With her mother in federal prison, her dad on the run, and no immediate family we know of, she'll be a ward of the state. Do any of you have any knowledge we don't?" He asks.

"I'm about 90% sure the Coles are her godparents. I'm not sure if there's anything legally binding to support that, but one of Karrie's Facebook posts of the baby dedication claims them as her godparents.  I can talk to them about it when Jake and I go over to explain things" I offer.

"Thanks, kiddo.  I'll look into it."

We go over everything and Mav tells us we need to be on the plane home with him tonight.  He informs us we're allowed to provide the basics of the op; that the Jones couple framed them for international weapon trafficking and that we were here to infiltrate and take them down.  Jake and I head over to the house to attempt to explain it to the Coles.

We knock on their door and are greeted with a very concerned looking Kate who quickly invites us inside.  She ushers us to sit at the table and calls for Jensen to join us.  Once he sits down with us, I take a deep breath to steel my nerves and Jake rests his hand on my thigh under the table, giving it a gentle squeeze to encourage me. 

"So, we weren't honest about who we are.  We're both members of the US Navy assigned to a special unit to take down a group by the name of The Harbingers of Chaos.  Long story short, you two were framed as the leaders of the organization by Todd and Karrie Jones who were the actual leaders this whole time. We were sent to try and find an in with the organization and take it down from the inside.  On top of that, Karrie has been arrested and Todd has fled the country with Leah Reed, leaving Fynnleigh without a parent.  I remember y'all were named godparents at one point, is that correct?" I ask.  They sit there silent, stunned by the overflow of information they're processing. 

"I know it's a lot, and you probably hate us right now," my voice cracking over the last words.  "Just know we really and truly cared for you two this whole time.  But the most important thing right now is whether or not Fynnleigh will need to go into the custody of the state."