Ten

Been waiting for a lifetime for you
Been breaking for a lifetime for you
Wasn't looking for love till I found you
Skin to skin, breathe me in
Feel your kiss on me
Lips are made of ecstasy
I'll be yours for a thousand nights

For You x Liam Payne & Rita Ora

Beckham

After our gorgeous surprise (for me) ceremony, we had a small reception dinner at Uncle Mav and Aunt Pen's and celebrated with our giant family well past midnight. Jake's family all left Sunday morning, and we had the most boring day after wedding activities. Sure, we still had sex. But, we also had lots of laundry and other household chores that needed to be done, as well as getting some packing done before we close on our new home. We promised each other we'd properly defile the house once we get the keys to make up for our lackluster "honeymoon day." Given that I'm now way too big to fit into my flight suit and that I'm also "technically" on the medical staff, I've shifted to wearing scrubs to work everyday and I'm so much more comfortable. It's honestly gonna be hard for me to switch back to the scratchy zip up from work appropriate pajamas after the little stinker is born. That's not a today Beckham problem, it's a future Beckham problem, so I don't think much more about it. The team is out assisting with a high profile prisoner transport, so Uncle Mav and I are parked at our desks as we each work on separate tasks. Once I've made sure everyone's physicals are up to date, I start working on the process of changing my name from Teague to Seresin. I grown loudly from my spot, making Mav jump at the sudden noise and whip his gaze towards me.

"This is ridiculous! I have jump through a shit ton of hoops to get my name changed and I have to change it in so many places," I whine. "On my driver's license, nursing license, car insurance, health insurance, social security card, passport and military ID. This is horse shit, Uncle Mav! Horse shit, I tell ya! I bet if a man had to do this just ONE time, the system would probably be a one size fits all ordeal. But noooooo, I gotta run around like crazy because FUCK THE PATRIARCHY!"

Mav blinks at me then cracks up at my outburst.

"I'm serious! This is a giant pain in the ass! I'm gonna go knock out what I can on base while the crew is out, that ok with you?" I ask, already gathering my stuff since I know he'll say yes anyway.

"Yep, no problem. But before you go, Hangman made the 04 promotion list," he grins at me. "The email just came through. You wanna give him the good news or let me do it?"

I let out and excited squeal. "Are you kidding me?! Of course I wanna be the one to tell him! Thanks Uncle Mav! Just make sure the news doesn't get out to anyone else that could tell him before me? Actually, I'm gonna group text everyone right now to tell them to keep their traps shut and get him home as quick as possible!" I kiss his cheek and head out to run my errands, adding a few extra stops than initially planned so I can grab some special things for tonight. I finish up my work for the day and am currently setting up before Jake gets home. I shut off all the lights in the house except for the handful of wax warmers I have throughout and wait in the glow of the tv in our bed. I'd usually worry about falling asleep in these conditions, but I'm too excited to worry about that right now. My phone lights up with a message from the man himself.

Husband 😍:
Hey, short stack. Just landed, I'll be home in about half an hour!

Me:
Sounds good, take a shower before you head home. I have a surprise for you 😘

Husband 😍:
Are you pregnant?

Wait, I already did that 😏

And now I'm pushing people out of the way so I can be home in record time. See ya soon, gorgeous

I giggle at his antics and do some last minute tidying to keep my anxious hands busy. Not even 20 minutes later, I hear Jake bust through the door.

"Sweetheart? Where are you?" He calls out to me.

"In the bedroom!" I shout back. Laid out on the foot of the bed is a 6 pack of his favorite beer, a bottle of Tums, gummy bears, and a onesie I had made that reads "commander's daughter: keep back 500ft" in the center of a heart shaped jet trail with a tiny F18 at the end with a matching F18 patterned bow. I'm sitting in the middle of the bed, my feet crossed and belly sitting on my own lap, with a big grin on my face as he walks through the door. His brows crease and he tilts his head in confusion. "I got Emmy Jett her first outfit today, look at how cute it is!" I point to the stack at the end of the bed. Jake takes a step forward and reads the onesie before looking at me for confirmation. "Congratulations, Lieutenant Commander. The email came through while you were on the op, I made everyone else promise to keep it to themselves so I could be the one to tell you!" The smile across my face makes my cheeks hurt with how wide it is, and Jake's jaw drops.

"Holy shit! This is amazing! I love the onesie, angel. Also, I get the beer and gummy bears because they're my favorite, but why the Tums?"

I laugh at my own little joke before I answer, "because, you're getting old and I'm sure being in charge of our knucklehead group will give you plenty of heartburn in the future!"

"You're such a little shit, you know that? But damn do I love you!" Jake kisses me, which turns into a few hours worth of celebration, if you catch my drift.

I spend the next few days at work planning his promotion ceremony for the next weekend. Since his parents were just here and plan on staying with us once Emersyn is born, they're sadly missing it but will join us via FaceTime. I have a local baker make some Navy themed cookies which I end up adoring, and the celebration is held at the hangar. I wear a cute floral sundress that makes my baby bump look adorable, and Jake looks fine as fuck in his dress whites. It's super rare for him to get to wear them, and this is the first time I've gotten to see him in them where I can really show my appreciation for how damn attractive he is. There's a lull in the festivities as Jake is grabbing another beer from a cooler. I sneak up beside him and slip my hand across his chest.

"Hey, commander. You look hot as hell, wanna make a baby with me?" I tease as I lean up to kiss his cheek.

"Dammit, angel. You can't say shit like that to me in public, especially in my whites. You want everyone to see my dick get hard?" He pulls my back to his front, rubbing the evidence of my flirtation against me while simultaneously blocking it from view.

"I think I may have found something that gets you going faster than calling you daddy, I'm filing that away for later," I smirk at him, which makes him groan.

"Oh, you're gonna get it for that, short stack. Prepare yourself," he growls into my neck, making goosebumps raise in the wake of his warm breath. I know I'm in for it when we get home, and I can't wait. I grin mischievously and turn to kiss him. "I sure do love you, my handsome husband."

"I love you too, my stunning little minx of a wife."