Sixteen

Take a bow
You got everybody fooled
I got you figured out
Now you're choking on your words
Well, you should spit it out
Know that I gave you the world
And you just gave me hell
And you gave me hell
Felt like a hundred punches
Too many tough pills to stomach
I watched you making it public
Lights, camera, fuck it

All the Things I Hate About You x Huddy

Carter Reed

That fucking bitch.

Liar. 

Cheater.

Whore.

I was nothing but good to her, wanted to give her the white picket fence life and have kids with her.  She would be the perfect little housewife, I always imagined her having dinner ready when I got off shift, little rugrats chasing each other around the house and squealing with joy when I walked in the door.  But nope!  She ripped that dream away from me when she shacked up with fucking Seresin. 

I always knew they were fucking behind my back, especially when she wouldn't let me fuck her without a condom.  She always said it was just to be extra careful because she wasn't ready for kids, but now I know that was a lie and it's because she didn't want my kids.  I'll never understand why she didn't see what I did, especially when I treated her so well.   I always told her she looked good even if she looked like shit, took her to fancy dinners, bought her expensive jewelry.  She never appreciated the latter two, said she wasn't the swanky kind of girl.  I used to think it's because she was trying to be modest to make me like her more, but now I know it's because she was too busy thinking she was better than me because she was off saving the world with her dickhead team. 

Seeing Beckham in the cafe, hugely pregnant with that asswipe's baby, set something loose inside me.  The raging beast that has always stayed hidden in the tall grass is finally ready to attack it's prey.  She'll never see it coming.  They'll never see it coming.  They don't know that I've studied them closely in the recent years, that I've slowly accumulated a mountain of knowledge on their personal habits. 

Natasha Trace.  She's been hooking up with Bradshaw almost as long as I've been with Beckham, the dumb girl was never the wiser.  Natasha also likes her flavored coffee black with a shot of cream and a pastry, so it gives her the appearance of being a badass while she's not so secretly still a weak little girl. 

Bradley Bradshaw.  Aside from Seresin, Bradshaw is the biggest obstacle in my path.  If things went south with Seresin, Bradshaw would still be there regardless.  He never liked me, always said she was too good for me.  The smug fucker had it backwards, she isn't good enough for me.  He'll also protect the girls until his dying breath, which will be his undoing. 

Javy Machado and Danny Ramirez.  They both know they're not at the same caliber as the rest but are happy to be there.  Both of their wives are their weakness, and I happen to be very familiar with the hospital where they work and where Ramirez's daughter goes to daycare. 

Reuben Fitch and Bob Floyd.  Resident softies and mother hens, always making sure the rest of the group is taken care of.  Their kind nature will keep them from making the difficult decisions and I will absolutely use that to my advantage. 

Penny and Pete Mitchell.  Easily accessible since they're both located off base.  Penny is an easy target with her the majority of the time being spent at The Hard Deck, but that's slightly changed with Pete now in the process of retiring. Like the majority of the other men, his weakness lies within Penny and her daughter Amelia, Beckham included in that as well as his niece and surrogate daughter since losing her parents. 

Jake Seresin.  The weasel who stole my life away from me.  I know everything there is to know about him, thanks to his close relationship with Beckham and her penchant unknowingly for talking about him all the time.  I know his favorite beer, that he thinks the texture of cotton balls is weird, someone else puking will make him do the same, and what brand of boxers he prefers.  He always has to be the best of the best, the smartest and most talented person in the room and he'll make sure everyone knows it.  He thinks he can do no wrong, that he doesn't make mistakes.  But his arrogance will fold in my favor, his mindset that he can never make a mistake will cost him the prize. 

I know all of their favorite restaurants, bars, secret beach hangouts, where they live, what kind of car they drive, hell even where they prefer to do their shopping.  Thanks to my new resources, I have them all pinned.  I know things about each of them that I bet they don't even know about each other.  Their world is literally at my fingertips, it just takes a few words texted to my contact and everything I need is in the palm of my hand.

I watch the newlywed couple through the window of my truck across the street.  They're laughing and dancing, the bastard running his hand across Beckham's stomach.  The look of love on their faces makes me sick.  She was supposed to look at me that way, it should be my baby in her.  I'll take back what's mine, one way or another. 

My phone rings with an incoming call, speak of the devil.

"Go for Reed," I answer with a sinister smile. 

They'll never see me coming.