Two

Yeah, I know I'm gonna say things, that should never leave my mouth
When your world's flying off the handle, I'll try keep you on the ground
It won't always be roses, even though you deserve 'em
I wanna make sure you know that what we got is worth it

Lose You x Jordan Davis

Beckham

I give Jake a moment to let the news settle in before I bring the nurse back. We decided to keep the excitement between us (and Nat since she was there to see the same pregnant 3+ I did) and plan to tell everyone together when we get back to Fightertown. I wave Nat and Brad back in so we can tell them I'm fine and they can help with the clean up of our catastrophe. They each give me a hug and a kiss on my head then make their way to the door, Nat promising to run home and grab me a change of clothes so I don't have to stay in this flimsy hospital gown. I finally decide to press the call button for the nurse, and she's back in my room within 2 minutes.

"Alright, Ms. Teague! Let's go over what all happened in the last few hours. We have some gaps in the timeline that we definitely need filled in. What all went down?" Holly asks me.

"Well, I had just gone to the bathroom since the little nugget has made me have to pee all the time.  When I walked out, I felt a hand over my mouth and passed out quickly, so I'm guessing chloroform there.  I woke up ziptied to a chair and Karrie the krazy was there when I woke up.  I ran my mouth, shocker I know, and she backhanded me across the face and cut my lip open with her ring.  Then I passed out after we made it out of the building."

Holly nods as she types all the info into the computer.  "Ok, we'll run a couple extra tests to make sure there's nothing harmful lingering in your blood stream and to check your HCG levels.  Do you know about how far selling you might be?" She asks. 

"Ummmm, couldn't be more than 4 months because that's how long we've been sleeping together without protection and I've always had irregular periods.  But I had at least one cycle since we've been in Texas so maybe somewhere between 4-12 weeks?" I guess.

"Ok, we'll also have an ultrasound done to confirm gestational age once an obstetrician is available.   Sound like a plan, you two?" Holly smiles in our direction and we return the gesture.  "Yep!  Sounds good to me, I'm excited to see the lil nug!"

A couple of hours later, Holly returns with a middle aged woman who I assume to be the doctor. 

"Hi, I'm Dr. Stella Barnes, the OB on call tonight.  I heard you had quite the evening!  Holly filled me in on what all you told her and I have your labs pulled up right here," she lifts the iPad in her hand a little higher then sets it on the counter before washing her hands.  "It looks like you were correct in your assessment of being drugged by chloroform, and your liver and kidney functions look good so I don't think you'll have any lasting side effects.  Also, your HCG levels put you at around 8 weeks pregnant, so I'll get an ultrasound done to confirm with labs.  Holly was kind enough to nab the machine and roll it in here so we didn't have to wait for it to free up!" She says with a smirk.  "Alright, mama.  Since you're far enough along, we can do this one abdominally so I'm gonna have you roll the blanket down to your hip bones and your gown up above your belly button for me.  We try our best to keep the gel warm, but it'll probably still be a little chilly," she explains as she squirts a blob of said gel on my belly.  It's about room temperature, so it's not unpleasant.  Jake has pulled his chair as close to the bed as he can get it, eyes dancing between my belly and the screen of the machine and his fingers snugly laced with my own.  Dr. Barnes uses the wand to spread the gel, then applies a little more pressure to my lower abdomen.  "Congrats mom and dad, you have a healthy looking baby, measuring right at 8 weeks!  Heartbeat is strong and the rate looks wonderful.  You see that little flutter right there?" She points to a spot on the screen.  "That's the heart, you can see the flutters match the heart rate.  Alright, everything else looks good.  Looks like your body kept the little one very safe, but I do want you to follow up next week, whether it be here or back home," she tells us with a smile.  "I'll happily see you in my clinic, but I know you'll likely have to return to your station.  I've been made aware of your situation and will have your records ready to go before you leave the hospital.  We'll keep you overnight just to monitor you and baby to make sure nothing pops up, but I really don't see that happening."

She uses a towel to wipe the gel off of my stomach with a smile then exits the room.  I sit up and look at Jake to find his eyes as watery as mine.

Jake

"I still can't believe we made a baby.  Holy shit, short stack, you never cease to amaze me.  I love you," I lean down and kiss her.

"I love you too, beasty.  I promise I really did forget my IUD was out of date, I'm sorry-" she starts but I cut her off. 

"Angel, I have zero doubt in my mind you forgot about it.  And I'm not even remotely mad, I get to have a mini you!  I can't think of anything better than having a tiny version of my favorite person.  Plus, it means you're stuck me forever ever now," I tease her. 

"You moron, I was stuck with you from day one.  First I was actually stuck, now you couldn't pull me away if you tried," Beckham smiles at me.  She scoots over and pats the now empty space, an invitation to lay in the bed with her.  I kick off my shoes, climb under the blanket, and pull her close to me.  I rest my forehead against hers and lay my palm over her belly before I speak again.

"I promise to be here with you through all of it; the good, the bad, and the ugly.  Whether that be holding your hair when you puke, getting you snacks at 2am, or not laughing when you cry at ridiculous things, I'm there.  Forever," I promise her.

"Forever, cowboy.  I'm gonna hold you to that when we have a literal mini Beckham running around the house and finding all the shenanigans  to get into, then getting herself out of trouble with puppy eyes and a pouty lip.  Then again when she's older and likes boys. But there will always be one constant; you and me, all in, together, doing our best."

She kisses me then cuddles into what I've named the Beckham nook between my neck and chest. Arms wrapped around each other and limbs entangled, we get some rest after the craziness that was this day.