Eight

This life will go by in the blink of an eye
But I wouldn't wanna spend it without you by my side
The clouds are gonna roll, the earth's gonna shake
But I'll be your shelter through the wind and the rain
And we'll build this love from the ground up
Now till forever it's all of me, all of you

From the Ground Up x Dan + Shay

Beckham
18 weeks pregnant

After looking at over 20 houses, we finally found the house of our dreams about a month ago and close on it next week.  It's a beautiful single story craftsman style farmhouse four bedrooms, three bathrooms, a spacious yard, and a porch that stretches across the entire front of the house.      It's absolutely gorgeous and has everything we want from the oversized walk in shower, a fireplace in the living room, and the breakfast nook off of the kitchen.  In even more exciting news, we have our anatomy scan later this morning!  Which means we find out whether baby Seresin is a girl or a boy! We have a a huge BBQ/gender reveal planned for tonight so we won't have to wait too long to find out ourselves. We're having the tech seal the results in an envelope that will go directly into the hands of a very excited Natasha who will be sitting in the waiting room.  We've got it planned to where Nat will fly overhead in a helicopter where she'll release pink or blue smoke for the reveal and I really and truly can't wait for it!  With all the craziness happening lately, we haven't been able to keep up with our regular dinners.  The last time we were all together was when we told everyone we were engaged.  We had dinner at Mav and Pen's house and made sure we were the last to arrive.  When we walked in, Jake whistled and pulled my left hand up, then shouted "SHE SAID YES MOTHA FUCKAS!"  Everyone broke out into cheers, applause, and a chorus of "finally!" and "about damn time!"   Our family is really and truly so amazing and supportive and we couldn't ask for anything better.

I'm kicked back on the couch waiting on Jake to get back from his morning run and get ready to go to the doctor's office.  He comes through the door and drops his keys on the table before stopping by my spot on the couch on the way to the bathroom to kiss my head. 

"Hi, angel.  I'm gonna go hop in the shower then we can head out, sound good?"  I tilt my head back and pucker my lips for another kiss and he obliges.

"Then IHOP after?" I ask.

"Then IHOP after, pretty girl.  I'll be quick!" He rushes off to the bathroom and is back within 15 minutes.  Jake plops on the couch next to me, both mine and his shoes in hand.  He grabs my feet and pulls him into his lap, slipping on socks followed by my favorite Nikes.   He puts his shoes on too, then hands me one of his favorite hoodies since mine don't fit over my belly anymore.  "Ready to go see our little nug?" He asks with a huge smile.

"Let's go see the sweet face of the half pint that uses my bladder as a punching bag," I smile back as he pulls me off of the couch.   He helps me climb into his truck and we pull out in the direction of the office.  Jake parks the truck and we walk hand in hand through the door.  We do the regular OB appointment check in things and then wait to be called back.  Jake and I discuss everything from baby names to nursery themes while we wait, and I almost jump out of my seat when my name is called.  I happily climb onto the exam table and yank my tank top and sweatshirt up once the nurse leaves us in room, ready for the ultrasound gel which makes Jake laugh.  "Damn girl, you love me so much that you just can't keep your clothes on when we're alone, huh?" He teases, making me stick my tongue out at him.  The doctor walks in and asks all the normal questions, happy with my responses. 

"Ok, you ready to see your little one?" She asks.

The envelope containing the top secret, classified information that is the gender of baby Seresin is seamlessly handed off to Nat in the waiting room before I can try to pester the information out of her.  Jake and I head home for a nap after I eat my body weight in pancakes and hashbrowns before we need to get up and ready for the rest of the day.  Just like every other time we lay down to sleep, Jake pulls me close to him and protectively splays his head against my belly.  Just as we're about to drift off, Jake jerks up, eyes wide in shock.  "Angel, the baby just kicked my hand!" He gasps excitedly. 

"Oh yeah, the little knucklehead favors that side.  I'm surprised you haven't felt that before, I guess the kick was finally strong enough for you to feel," I smile back at him.  "Ok, mama's tired and needs a nap before dinner tonight."  We roll over and pass out for a good hour before Jake's alarm is set to go off.  We each get dressed in the color we think the helicopter is gonna release later, surprisingly both of us wearing pink.  Damn, Jake would be the cutest little girl dad.  I've had a feeling the entire time we're having a girl and I hope to God I'm right!

We pull into Mav and Pen's house again and their kitchen and living room are decorated in the sweetest Twinkle Little Star theme.  We spend plenty of time laughing with friends and family before we head out to the backyard for the bud reveal.  Natasha has been noticeably missing and I know it's because she's been afraid to spill the beans prematurely.   Eyes locked on the sky, we excitedly watch at the helicopter gets closer.  Nat counts down over the PA system and my hands start shaking. 

Five.

Four.

Three.

Two.

One.

It's a...

GIRL!!!!

GIRL!!!!

Jake and I jump up and down, screaming with joy and I launch myself at him.  I look down at him, seeing the same happy tears in his eyes that have welled in my own.  We wait for Nat to get back over to the commotion before announcing our baby girl's name. 

"After going through about 299 names, we finally decided on what we think is the perfect one!  Ladies, gentleman, and birds, you have until August to prepare yourselves to be wrapped around the tiny fingers of baby Emersyn Jett Seresin!  The little stinker got her daddy's name before I did!" I laugh and am once again wrapped in hugs for the next 20 minutes.  Once we get home, Jake and I pile up in bed and he rubs my feet.  After I'm relaxed enough to almost drift off, Jake leans down and presses a sweet kiss to my belly.  "I love you, my little Emmy Jett.  You're gonna be just as pretty as your mama and I'm gonna be fighting boys off with my big, scary fighter pilot badassery.  I can't wait to meet you, my sweet girl," he coos.  "I love you too, short stack.  I'm amazed by you every day, thank you for baking our girl to perfection." 

"I love you too, my beasty bear."

After leaving a sweet kiss on my lips, we cuddle in and I place his hand where Emersyn is kicking up a storm. "Be sweet to your mama, even shorter stack and let her get some sleep," he gently tells her as he rubs soothing circles against where her little feet are trying to break free.  She settles almost immediately, and I'm out cold about 37 seconds later.   There's nothing better than feeling the warmth of Jake against my back and our daughter doing her backflips in my belly, I don't think I could ever be happier than I am right now.