Six

I put my selfish ways in boxes
And shipped em back to where they came
We'll never let it get close to bein' toxic
And I promise I'll never walk away

Love Her x Jonas Brothers

Jake

We've spent the last month working on packing up Beckham's house and putting it on the market.  Given the way things in Texas unfolded, we both felt infinitely better staying in my townhouse on base, plus it gave us plenty of time to look for our dream house.  On top of all of that, Beck is now 12 weeks pregnant and has the absolute cutest little baby bump.  My hands stayed glued to her before, but now I find it damn near impossible to not have my hand attached to the physical evidence lil nug is making their presence known.  Snuggling in bed?  Hand on the belly.  Talking with friends?  I'm standing behind her, both arms wrapped around her and both hands on the belly.  Sitting on the couch?  I pull her to where she can lay against me and I can put a hand on the belly while I play with her hair.  Bedtime?  We're wrapped up tight with my hand. on. the. belly.   It's both adorable and super sexy, knowing she's growing our baby.  Thankfully, she thinks it's cute and I'm not annoying her yet, although I'm seriously hoping that day never comes because I don't know what I'd do with myself if she didn't want me touching her.  The funniest thing about it all, though, is how damn happy food makes her.   Don't get me wrong, the pint sized human has always been a foodie.  But this is tenfold, and it makes me look like a hero regularly. 

So far, her cravings have included spaghetti, donuts, and cheesy Gordita crunches from Taco Bell.  I've made sure to get her anything she craves since the first snack induced meltdown a few weeks back.  I had just landed after flying a training simulation and found her in the hangar with tears streaming down her face. 

"Angel?  Sweetheart, what's wrong?  Are you and the baby ok?!" I asked with great concern, grabbing her face between my hands.  She sniffles with a stuttered breath before she replies.   "I just really wanted some donuts but didn't want to leave in the middle of the sim because that would be unreasonable and then got upset, which made me mad because why would I get upset over fucking donuts, Jake?!" She huffed out an exasperated breath and more tears welled in her eyes.  I tried so hard and somehow managed to hide my chuckle by pulling her into my chest.  "Hold that thought, pretty girl," I tell her as I jog over to Mav real quick. 

"Hey, Mav.  Can Halo and I take our lunch break a little early today?" I ask and his eyes dart to a distressed looking Beckham. 

"Let me guess, she's mad at herself for having crazy mood swings?" He guessed.

"You would be correct, she wants donuts and I wanna make it to Hole In The Wall before they close for the day," I explained. 

"Go ahead, just be back before 1300.  I'd be willing to bet she could use a nap too," he chuckled.  I quickly grabbed Beck and led her to the truck before making it to the bakery in just enough time.  She had stars in her eyes then cried happy tears before thanking me repeatedly with kisses all over my face.   Clearly, the nug in her belly is 100% their mother's child if they love sweets that much, and I love every second of it.

Beckham

Baby Seresin is only 12 weeks old and is already kicking my ass to where I sleep whenever I get the chance.  Thankfully, I've not had terrible morning sickness, aside from a few very serious food aversions.  The smell of any seafood makes me dart for the nearest toilet or trash can, and we discovered that the hard way.  Javy's wife Jenna brought him lunch from a local seafood cafe one day and I shamefully puked on his boots on the spot.  The idea of eating chicken now makes me nauseous, causing my main source of protein to be steak or peanut butter.   I've also had some pretty rough round ligament pain and have discovered KT tape on my belly helps significantly with the pressure on my hips.  Jake has been a total marshmallow and rubs my back and feet all the time and will also stand behind me and pull my belly up with his hands when he can.  He's been so sweet and attentive, not to mention insanely protective.  I swear he almost punched Roo in the face the other day when he accidentally bumped into me which made me stumble a little bit.  He's also made it a habit to check everyone's lunch to make sure there's no puke-tastic food involved.  It's adorably annoying, but I can't find it in me to ask him to stop.  I know he has control issues and him doing this helps keep his mind boggling anxiety at bay.  I would have never expected me to be the laid back one between us, and it makes me chuckle to think about.

It's mid morning on Saturday by the time I finally drag myself out of bed and into the kitchen for coffee before I get ready for a day full of open houses.   We've already looked at a minimum of 12 houses and I haven't found anything I fell in love with yet.  My house sold well over the asking price within two weeks of being on the market, which was basically a miracle.  Financially, we're setting in a pretty solid position to buy our dream home.  Another small miracle, the doctor said I can have coffee as long as it doesn't exceed a certain amount of caffeine.  I would be an actual zombie without it.  My miracle juice is brewing when I hear the front door open, signaling Jake is home from his morning workout.  As I pour the liquid into my favorite tumbler, I look up to see a very sweaty, very shirtless Jake Seresin making his way towards me for a kiss.  I gawk for apparently too long because I hear the splatter of coffee overflowing from my cup.  "Shit!" I jump and turn my attention back to the counter.  Jake is quickly behind me, wiping up the spill with a dish towel as I put the coffee pot back on the burner. 

"Easy, baby girl.  Don't want you burning yourself.  Your hands ok?" He asks, grabbing my hands and turning them over in his own as he checks for redness. 

"Nope, the counter took the brunt of my distraction.  But seriously, Jacob?!  You just stroll in here, all sweaty and sexy with your shirt off and your hat backwards and expect my brain to function normally?   Damn, cowboy!  If I wasn't already baking this one, I'd be asking you to get me pregnant looking like that!"  These pregnancy hormones have dialed my attraction to him to freaking eleven, just one look from him and I'm ready to go.  Jake smirks in response. 

"Oh sunshine, I know that look.  How about I help you out a little, get your blood pumping better than that little bit of caffeine?" He suggests as his pupils dilate and lock onto me in only my sports bra and the loose fitting running shorts I pulled on before padding into the kitchen.  "You talk about me looking good, but damn sweetheart.  You're gonna stay pregnant until you don't wanna have anymore babies.  Your tits look amazing, I swear your skin smells better, and that little belly of yours is so fucking sexy, especially knowing I did that."  He stalked towards me, voice dropping with every step, his hands rubbing up and down my exposed skin once he's close enough.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Fun fact! Two out of three of Beck's cravings were my pregnancy cravings with my daughter 😂. I already know which direction I'm going with gender, but hit me with both boy and girl names!

Xoxo 💋