♡ 2 ♡

"BWAH! The roses caught fire!" You roughly heard in the distance from, who you assume to be, Grim. Did you go and help? No. Instead you peacefully hummed and finished off your last rose bush.
_________________________________________

You walked to the rest of the group and rounded the corner just in time to see then put out the fire Grim had caused.

"You guys are are less competent than I thought..." The eldest sighed with his eyes closed. He probably could have got it done faster on his own, that is if only you helped out.

"Y/n please tell me you did yours just fine.." His eyes held a hopeful glimmer.

"Of course!" You smiled widely with a proud stance.

He merely gave you a weak thankful smile. It was almost like you and Carter were the baby sitters and the rest were who you had to watch over.

Ace crossed his arms and looked away from the group with a sour glance while muttering. "Maybe you could have left the roses white.. they look pretty enough as is"

"Tut tut Ace!" Carter held up his finger in Ace's face. "It's a matter of tradition!"
"You can't have an unbirthday party without the roses being red"

"Then why not just plant red roses?" Deuce questioned with his hand on his chin. You know, like a detective.

"Well the roses need to be white during the spring concert. That is crutial" He explained like it was common knowledge.

"Spring concert..?" You over heard Yuu mumble. Poor guy must be completely lost here..... aside from being in the wrong universe entirely.

"All your rules are completely insane" Grim couldn't help but voice his opinions once more.

"I think the rules add charm to Heartstabul" You smiled fondly at the thoughts of all the silly and crazy rules that you could remember.

'Wait what about rule 53.....'

"Mhm they were created by the Queen of hearts herself" He nodded along with you.
"Annnnnd Riddle is all about tradition. Even more than previous housewardens"

"I'll say, he's a bit extra too" You chuckled awkwardly.

"Uhh yeah is Riddle here? I gotta talk to him" Ace turned from you and asked oh so politely.

"Yeah probably" Cater crouched down and covered the red paint back up and looked up at you guys.
"Buut..." He rose from the ground with a dragged sentence.
"Did you even bring an apology tart to replace the one you ate?" He smiled sweetly, although it was clear to everyone he was being passive aggressive.

Ace quickly turned and looked at Deuce questionally. It was like you could see the gears in their head turning and attempting to figure out what Cater was talking about.
"Uhhh no? I came straight here this morning" He turned swiftly back to Carter who's eye brow seemed to be twitching.
Huh I wonder why?

"Ha ha ha" The agitated one laughed through gritted teeth.
"That could be a bit of a problem"

"Did you forget rule 53?" Cater placed a hand on Ace's shoulder and Deuce seemed to back away from then both.

" 'Stolen items must be replaced' If you aren't following that rule I can't let you in" His hand left Ace's shoulder and made its way to his hip as Carter stared Ace in the eyes.

"Oh that's the rule I remember now!" You cheerfully exclaimed, happy that you remembered what the rule was finally.
Unfortunately for him, Yuu was stood right next to you and you just shouted in his ear.
"Ah.. sorry Yuu" You chuckled. He only waved his hand in dismissal of your actions and apology.

"Wait...Are you serious?!" Ace jumped back in shock like a cartoon character. You hear Yuu mumbled something along the lines of 'goofy'.

"All of Heartstabul must follow these rules Ace, if I let one slide its off with my head!"
"And I hate to say it but I'm gonna need you to leave before Riddle spots you, Thanks!" Carter turned to place down his paint can and paintbrushes. Ace had uh..... he just paled instead...

"I think he's for real... Guys do something!" He yelled at you guys.

"Why should we do anything?!" Deuce shouted at Ace, menacingly. Just when you thought the two were becoming friends.

"Nuh uh I'm not hurting my friend" You pulled Yuu's sleeve for him to follow you and both of you sat happily away from the scene, waiting for the free entertainment to unfold.

"Guys?! Come on please! I don't have magic and hes-"

He was cut off why Cater shooting a spell at him that made him lad butt first on the ground. Ow.

_________________________________________

Poor Deuce really did try to help but he couldn't even get close to land a hit on the guy. Maybe you'll have to train him up later hm?

Oh! Currently Ace and Deuce was getting pushed out of the maze by Carter. By pushed I mean Ace getting carried by his blazer and Deuce just walking hesitantly.

"Do make sure you bring that tart with you next time. Bye bye!" Ace was thrown to the ground with a loud thud by the other ginger. Deuce following calmly behind. You and Yuu were trying to contain your laughter, especially after Ace getting beat up. You would never laugh at Deuce loosing too.

Cater spun on his heels, directly towards you, and swifty engulfed you in a bear hug.
"Please visit us more often Y/n" He spoke into your ear.
Chuckling you replied "I will don't worry Cater. You pat him on the back a few times before breaking the hug and making your way back to everyone else. Not without a wave goodbye of course.

"Was that guy for real?!" Ace had only started standing up while wiping any dirt off his clothes.

"We kept hitting him over and over again but he just kept coming?...." Your childhood friend pondered over the potential reasonings for this and had drawn a conclusion.
"Perhaps he was using some kind of illusion magic?"

Ace ignored Deuces deduction and decided to go off on a little rant.
"So we went in, TARTLESS, and he still made us do all that work KNOWING we didn't have a tart?!" He made a point to emphasie his words for dramatic effect you persume. Either that or he really was just extra angry at the ordeal.

"He just wanted us to do his job for him?!" He stomped out of anger, once again like a cartoon character.

"I mean pretty much yeah, he did help out though~" You chuckled slightly so you wouldn't cause any more annoyance among the group.

"We sure look like a bunch of cumps" Grim stated with only sadness as he huffed and took a seat on the path.

"Eh... I guess we will have to make an apology tart then come back. Y/n do you want to help out after class-" Deuce instantly stopped his sentence and his complexion paled almost instantly.

"Hm? What's wrong?" Yuu scooped Grim from the floor as he questioned with a tilted head.

"We already missed the first bell! We're going to be late!" Grim's ears flaired up a bit at this and shot his head up.

"Myah! I don't want to get a blemish on my first day!" The feline turned to face Yuu while still in his arms.
"To the classroom!" He pointed in the direction of the magic gate.

You lightly chuckled as Ace began to speak "what class are you guys in anyways, you're freshmen right?"

You and Yuu hummed in unison.

"Me and Yuu are in class 1-A" Grim looked over his shoulder when he awnsered.

"Ehh, I'm in a different class" You crossed your arms over your chest with a smile.

"We have the same classes Yuu, first period is potionology" Ace placed his hands on his hips.

"Maybe we won't need magic for that..." Ace nervously mumbled.

"Well I'll see you guys after class, don't worry I know where you'll be!"

With that you once again ran off before they could reply. You know because classes were going to start in like 10 minutes.

_________________________________________

1366 words