The Usurper from the wilds

You awoke to a beautiful morning, Lilia was out of the kitchen, the sun was out and Sebek wasn't screaming his heart out! What more could you want from a perfect day. On top of that, despite the upcoming Spelldrive tournament you weren't too worried about it. You weren't even sure if you would be participating this year due to recent events but that was for you to find out later on.
Malleus had come back to the dorm yesterday after the House warden meeting discussing the tournament. From what he told you, they wanted to induct him in the hall of fame. Something about keeping him off the field to give everyone else a chance.
.....Yeah that didn't bode well with Mr arrogant.

Aside from that though you were having a wonderful day as you wandered through Night raven's halls. That was until you got a call. With a sigh you grabbed your phone and prayed, like your life depended on it, that it wasn't Ace. You were relieved to see Deuce's contact on your screen, although that was short lived when he was barley even saying words just rambling.

"Uhm.. Deuce? You alright there??" You sweat dropped, prepared to make your way to his dorm. There was a slight pause before Deuce's panicking got further away from the phone and you heard Yuu speaking instead.

"Ah.. sorry but could you meet us at Heartslabyul? Like right now?" He spoke quickly, you heard a clicking sound from the other end.

"Yeah I'll be over soon but what's going on?" You asked while turning the other way towards the magic mirrors, all you got in response was a beep.
'Could have given me an explanation....' You huffed in frustration before jogging towards the magic mirrors. You heard a giggle near by and, although it did concern you since you were alone, you gave it a quick glace before rushing off.

_________________________________________

"Y/n! You're here! Quickly Trey had an incident and Deuce can't stop panicking for the man" Yuu waved and shouted you over once you reached the front doors of Heartslabyul.

"He what...?" You followed behind the first year in confusion, Trey wasn't someone who would be reckless so this left you at a bit of a loss.

Yuu pushed open Trey's door after knocking, holding it open for you to walk through first.
"Trey!? Are you okay?!" You slightly yelled in worry especially since the first years made it seem like he was on his death bed.

"Ah Y/n..." A light pink dusted his cheeks when he saw you, he had a small smile on his face. "I slipped on the stairs is all, no need to worry. I'll just be on crutches for a while"

A sigh of relief was released at these words, now realising how many people were actually in his room too. Ace, Deuce, Carter.
"You were wanting to participate in Spelldrive this year no?" You said to break the silence of the room.

"Ah... Looks like I'll be warming the bench this year i suppose" He scratched his cheek in thought, he must not have been worried about that at the moment.

"Ugh, hashtag #fail! we're gonna have to redo our team roster now that we've lost a power player!" Cater exclaimed while taking out his phone. Seemed like he was typing something on his notes app.

'Hashtag #?' Your eyes dotted in confusion.

"Redo the team roster you say?" Ace and Deuce smirked at each other before turning to Cater, they definitely wanted to participate. Badly. Hey maybe you could teach them a thing or two from Diasomnia's spelldrive training.

"Why are there so many people in here? Trey is supposed to be resting you know" Riddle walked in while kissing his teeth. In his hands he held a tray with tea for Trey.
"Ah hello Y/n, lovey to see you" He reddened a little when he walked past to put the trey down. You smiled at him with a wave.

"I told you Riddle, you don't need to fuss over me like this" Trey spoke through a light chuckle at Riddle's antics.

"But it's my fault you got hurt in the first place" Riddle's eyes narrowed and the ground suddenly became interesting to him. "I almost fell and Trey saved me, well he ended up taking the fall instead"

"It is hard to believe that it's your fault, Riddle." You smiled reassuringly; a hand placed on his shoulder. Yuu and the rest of the first years seemed to have picked up on something you hadn't however.

"It's lame that Trey got hurt but you'll work just as hard to make up for him right Riddle? " Cater smiled at Riddle.

A competitive smirk rose to your face as you turned to take your leave. At the door you turned your face to the side, your hand holding the door open so others in the dorm could hear you too.
"We'll see if you can defeat Disomnia this year... although i doubt it." Your eyes glowed slightly as your competitive nature shone through. "Get well soon, Trey~" A chuckle left your lips while you made your way down the hall. You couldn't help it, you may be a friend but that doesn't quell the fact you guys were going against each other in the tournament and your dorm was going to win.

__________________

Your phone pinged as you made your way throughout the school. You weren't really in deep thought or anything you just wanted to wander around. Ultimately you ended up in the courtyard, with a sigh you sat down on the ground with your back resting a tree.

You understood fully how people of the likes of Leona and Silver were able to just fall asleep out here. You drifted off into a sleep as the disgust of even thinking about that beast lingered on your mind, students around you seemed to not care too much about you just being there and minded their own business. Something that the first years should learn to do every once in a while.

Though this bliss was soon interrupted from across the yard the said first years and the leech twins were fighting... with magic. They were fighting strong magic users with magic when their magic was sub par...

'These guys will drive me crazy i swear...' You sighed in annoyance and left the court yard in hopes of finding a place to rest for once. The last thing you saw before turning a corner was the group running away from the leech twins.

'What are they even talking to the twins for..?' You used your ability to predict what was going to happen next and it turned out to be.... useless of course. Aside from seeing the group heading to Savanaclaw and fighting the housewarden and vice, but with your infinite wisdom you let them handle it for once. You really didn't want to have to deal with Leona today or any day for that matter.

You were just tired.
So tired.

It's not like you knew the leech twins well enough to get involved anyways so you took to the peaceful woodland for a decent sleep. Instantly forgetting about the first years.

_________________________________________

1212 words

Apologies for the short and uneventful chapter