♡8♡

Once you had stepped through the magic gate to Diasomnia it was like a whole new world. A dark, erie, castle like building stood up on a hill ahead. One that you had grown to love and call home as well as many other students.

Many had been dissuaded from the dorm due to this factor yet you felt right at home and welcomed into the Diasomnia family.

You had been tempted to use your unique magic to run the long distance between the portal and the dorm. However you used your brain, well done, and decided against it for the fear of occumulating blot. You may be a good sorcerer but you still had to keep and eye on it.

Looking down to the ring that sat idly on your finger, a small (yet noticeable to your eye) ink spec had made a temporary home in your gem. This made you slightly uncomfortable to say the least.

Truth be told, your magic allowed you to predict the future, mostly the near future. Though it was hazy, you could guess something was going to go wrong. The problem is you didn't know of the scale of the problem and wanted to be fully prepared in the worse case scenario.

The rustling of the trees pulled you from your thoughts and caused you to look up to where you heard the noise. A pair of eyes fixated on you with a tilted head. The gem fixed around its leg assured you it was your hawk, you happily reached for your glove and slid it on.

Your familiar swiftly soar through the air and landed on your gloved hand. You kept walking as you gave them attention and praise for all their work the past few days.

_________________________________________

The grand doors of the dorm were pushed open as you stepped inside, your hawk flew straight in and immediately pearched themselves ontop of the stair's railing.

After you closed the door with a thud, you removed your glove and placed it back in the original pocket you removed it from.

Sebek was busy talking to Malleus on the sofa when you had walked in. Some how your loud entrance didn't distract him nor make him stop talking. The fae beside him patiently listened while sipping on some tea, presumably made by Sebek before he started conversing.

Seating yourself on the sofa across from them, you listened to their conversation. Sebek gave you a swift smile before continuing, Malleus following suit.
The fae poured some of the remaining tea for you as you all shared a moment of peace from the past few chaotic days.

_________________________________________

You were brought back from your relaxing state when Sebek yawned. Only then did you realise how late it was for him, it was your turn to take over guard duties.

"Sebek why don't you head on off to sleep, ill take over duties" You smiled to him while picking up the used cups.

"Oh, yeah it's pretty late.." He glanced over to the old grandfather clock in the room before saying his good night's and headed to his room.

"Would you like to join me on a walk?" Malleus questioned as he rose from his seat, dusting himself off in the process.

"I'd be delighted to Malleus" You replied with a small bow. His eyes light up a little when you didn't use 'lord' or 'sir'.

Perhaps he can call you his actual friend.

Your hawk flew over head as you pushed open the doors once more. Well... that would have been the case if Malleus didn't push and hold it open for you first.

_________________________________________

He walked around different buildings within NRC and spoke with you about different statues, mostly the gargoyles.

He had always liked to talk about them to you even when you had begun guarding him. Whether it be when you protected him on walks or special events, he always managed to bring them up with you.

Despite how many times he had spoken about them, there was always something new to bring up with you. His eyes would light up too.

You both had reached a wooded area with a dirt path. Your hawk was having the time of their life by flying between the tree rooftop and diving at any movement in the shrubs.

'My favorite little hunter' You smiled as you watched them.

"How has your first few days been at NRC 'Y/n'?" He spoke, keeping his eyes up ahead.

You sighed deeply before even speaking.
"It's been hectic to say the least, especially with the magicless student and the new first years"

A low chuckle filled the silent woods.
"As long as you dont get hurt or stress youself out" He turned to smile at you.

"I haven't been seeing you around often thats all, I couldn't help but be worried" He stated as he looked up into the sky froma clearing.

"Isn't that supposed to be my job?" You raised and eyebrow with a laugh.

"Hmm? Am I not supported to care for you... I thought that's what.. friends do.." He crouched down to reach for something.

"You see us as friends? Of course you can care for me! I- " You swiftly tried to explain to him.

He stopped you from carrying on has he placed a beautiful dark green flower in your top blazer pocket. The flower was unlike any you had seen before yet it reminded you of Malleus some how.

"Shall we head back?" He smiled. Your hawk flew down onto a near by tree and dropped a stick onto Malleus' head.

_________________________________________

You both walked home in peaceful silence, as you often did even before you attended NRC and then called it a night after you both arrived home.

_________________________________________

966 words

Sorry for the delayed and short chapter I've been really busy and sick again :,)