▪︎ 2 ▪︎

You had dragged yourself into the cafeteria for breakfast despite the overwhelming urge to crawl back in bed from the recent sniffles you gained last night. Also going against Malleus' attempts at trying to get you to stay back and take care of yourself, most of it because he isn't exactly sure how fragile humans are to illnesses.

This choice was an instant regret as soon as you saw Yuu and your other friends from Heartslabyul. The group was talking to two Scarabia students you haven't talked to before but you know that one of them is a Housewarden, a very energetic one at that...
'Riddle is with them so it should be okay to just.. sneak by right..?' You pursed your lips as you thought through the outcomes to this situation and immediately decided that food is better.

You thought you had successfully made it past them until you felt a tap on your shoulder.
"Y/n! come join us we're investigating the random injuries that have been happening" Yuu spoke once you turned around. His blinding smile was enough to convince even the toughest souls. The both of you has a small staring contest before you gave up with a sigh.

"Alright..." You spoke with slumped shoulders, the stuffiness you felt was evident in your voice which seemingly worried Yuu.

"Are you sick!? Have you rested well? Have you eaten? Have you drank water? Do you need to-" Yuu bombarded you with quick fire questions as he grabbed onto your shoulders.

"Ah! Yuu I'm fine! Lets just go back to the rest of the group" A quick reply was formed just as fast as the questions were coming at you, gently removing his hands from your shoulders and bringing him over to the others. This didn't seem to rub the worry off of his face but he followed you none the less.

"Oh, right! Because your signature spell is- MMPH! mph??" The white haired student ,which you believed to be named Kalim, had been cut off with a hand covering his mouth just as you came over. He pulled the other guy's hand off his mouth with a pout.
"Jamil, why'd you put your hand over my mouth?" He turned to the person beside him, who you now know to be Jamil, with creased eyebrows.

"Because we're not talking about me here" His eyes narrowed slightly despite his otherwise stoic face. You thought he was rather pretty.
"Anyway.. my theory is that someone was controlling my movements with magic" He spoke without a care and picked up his fork to continue eating his breakfast. Which you assumed the group had disturbed him from doing before hand, you'll have to have a word with them later about disturbing people.

Cater hummed with his hand on his chin, looking at the ground in thought.
"That would be a way to hurt peoeple and have it appear like it was nothing but carelessness.."

"Hmm.. When I nearly fell down the stairs, I never felt as though I was being controlled against my will" Riddle soon recalled his own experience with slightly furrowed brows.

"Well I guess that it is kinda of a lead..? What is our next move guys?" Cater took a brief glance at the time on his phone before giving you a small smile.
'Wow at least someone acknowledged I'm here' You thought, semi joking.

"A spell to control someone.. If I could cast that I could get so much food!" Grim smirked to himself with full seriousness.

"You know Grim.. I can control things and living beings with my magic" You looked at him dead in the eyes with full seriousness. His eyes widened and his mouth opened slightly before looking up to Yuu for help.
"Haha! Of course I can't do that! If I could I probably wouldn't be here right now" You chuckled to yourself at your little joke. Unbeknownst to you the rest of the people around you didn't think you were joking in the slightest, the perks of being a Diasomnia student is your little lies hit ten times harder.

"What do you mean by that y/n..." Yuu asked looking over at you with full concern about what you could do.

Kalim finally took his eyes off the rest of the group and looked your way.
"Oh you're Y/n! You're one Malleus' guards, nice to finally meet you I'm Kalim" He introduced himself with a wide grin and a feverish wave accompanying it. That was until Jamil got embarrassed and pulled his hand down.