♡6♡

You didn't really want to prune all the chestnuts by hand so you did the obvious easy way.
Sneak some more chestnuts into Ace's pile and use your magic to prune the rest of yours.

'He shouldn't have turned around from his pile, not my fault' You smirked as you went from looking at the chestnut you were currently pruning to Ace. His face showed annoyance and boredom as he turned back around.

_________________________________________

You had taken an apple that Trey offered you and just stared as your magic did its thing. Just as you took another bite, Ace finnished his chestnut pile causing you to look over to him.
You also had just finished your chestnut pile and cancelled your magic.

"Finally! Got em' all pruned" He huffed while dropping onto the nearest stool.

"My arm is killing me" Deuce put his bowl down too and placed his arms onto the counter to use it as a head rest.

"Awh you guys did so good!" You swallowed your bite and grinned at them both.

Deuce and Ace both lifted their heads slightly to glare at you.
"You used magic the whole time!" Deuce groaned and he went back to his original position.

"Why did I get the most out of everyone!" Ace exclaimed while throwing his head back once more.

"Huh? You had the same amount as everyone else" You stated then took a final bite of your apple before throwing it in the bin. Ace didn't reply but groaned slightly.

"It'll all be sweeter for your pain" Trey grinned and patted them both on the shoulder.

"The smell alone has me drooling..." Grim stared at the pile of chestnuts.

He wasn't allowed to prune any himself. Yuu didn't trust him to not eat any of them. That being said Yuu couldn't prune them either because he had to hold back Grim from eating them.

Trey walked over to the cupboards and started pulling out some ingredients.
"I just need to add butter and sugar to the chestnut paste and~" He dragged put put last word and made his way over to another cupboard.
"A sensible splash of oyster sauce! It's my special ingredient" He held it up for the rest to see, all the while he had a silly grin plasted across his face.

'Ah that old trick...' You smiled back to him with a slight nod.

"Oyster sauce?!" They both shot up from relaxing due to their pure shock.

"Yep! The unami of the oysters gives the cream a deep, savoury flavour" He opened the container to show them it better.
"All the best bakers use this brand in their tarts"

"Mhm! When I lived with Trey and his parents for a while they taught me the secret recipe. It's so good" You exclaimed with fake stars in your eyes as you started at the oyster sauce.

"Really? But isn't oyster sauce like, super salty..." Deuce was skeptic as he stared at the sauce Trey was holding.

Ace hummed before replying.
"Mmm but don't some folk put chocolate in curry? Maybe it's the same idea"

'Oh you sweet naïve fool..' It was so difficult for you to not burst out laughing. Trey seemed to not be able to handle it as well as you and bust out laughing. In turn you ended up cracking too, you folded over while holding your stomach as you laughed.

"I-im kidding!" Trey managed to get out between his laughs.
"No one in their right mind would put oyster sauce into their pastry" He took a deep breath, a large smile still present on his and your face.

"What?! So you were yanking our chain?" Ace crossed his arms over his chest as he glared at Trey. You heard light laughter from behind you, when you turned you saw Yuu covering his mouth with his hand to stop laughing. After flashing him a toothy smile you turned back around to see Ace and Deuce still angry.