Chapter 2: Dance of Saptapadi

3rd POV. A few months after Enkidu met Nilou.

In the middle of the Varuna Contraption......

Enkidu already sensed it.

Enkidu: Geez.

Enkidu: First, it was Dvalin, the former Dragon of the East.

Enkidu: Second, Morax's retirement. But still, Morax, did you really had to go overboard....with your retirement plan?

Enkidu: Third, Yae Miko, huh, it seems like you finally told them to come here.

Enkidu: Now then......

Enkidu: Let's see what we can do. As much as I already know what is going on, I can't make any drastic moves.

Enkidu: Kusanali is being held in the Sanctuary of Surasthana, the one on top of the Akademiya.

Enkidu: Yet they imprisoned her there. The Akademiya is the one in control, but doesn't even acknowledge the new Dendro Archon.

Enkidu: I know that Rukkhadevata is gone. But it doesn't mean that her people will just cruelly treat her like that!

Enkidu: .........

Enkidu: When's the Traveller arriving?

Enkidu: .......

By listening in the rustling of the trees.....

Enkidu: What?

Enkidu: The Traveler is already at the Chasm......

Enkidu: I see. I see.

Enkidu: It seems like he's about to step in the Land of Dendro Archon.

Enkidu: ...........

Enkidu: ...

Enkidu: *sigh*

Enkidu: Rukkhadevata........

Enkidu: Do they really had to ignore your successor?

Enkidu: Do they really had to treat her like that.......just because she reminds you of your death?

Enkidu: Wait, death?

Enkidu: No, wait. Now that I think about it.....

Enkidu: Hey, to all the trees who survived the Cataclysm......please tell me the truth.

Enkidu: What happened to Rukkhadevata, you only told me that she died......

Enkidu: What really happened......?

Some of the leaves began to fall.....

And Enkidu finally learned the whole truth.

Enkidu: .......

Enkidu: No wonder why it was so faint.......