Chapter 9: Prelude for the Double Celebrations

3rd POV. Grand Bazaar, Sumeru City.

Enkidu, Aether and Paimon returned to Sumeru City after they investigated the Divine Knowledge Capsule.

While on their boat ride........

Aether: Hey Enkidu, can I ask you something?

Enkidu: Sure, what is it?

Enkidu answered while he's rowing the boat without taking his eyes off the river's course.

Aether: You're suspicious of Alhaitham, am I right? a

Enkidu: I'm pretty sure you're the same as well.

Aether: I always had the feeling that he has an ulterior motive before we met him.

Enkidu: Yes, I know what you mean. You know, I've already detected his presence in Port Ormos before we even arrived. I've been looking for anyone who could possibly be a potential threat to us.

Aether: Why didn't you do anything?

Enkidu: Remember, I'm keeping a low profile.

Paimon: But wouldn't he be aware of your identity as the Dendro Archon's servant? You already gave away the clue to your identity.

Enkidu: No, not really. I'm sure he's actually having doubts as to who really I am. Why I know such things, how can I investigate so efficiently.....

Enkidu: Not to mention, I've been keeping tabs on him. I asked the trees and the animals to spread the word.

Enkidu: I'll be receiving significant information about him in the past few days.

Paimon: Woah. But why would he still doubt you?

Enkidu: Remember, five centuries ago, I vanished from Sumeru's history. All related to me became akin to a ridiculous fairy tale.

Enkidu: And the thing that could actually help me cover up is my Vision.

Aether: Oh, right. You do have a Dendro Vision.

Enkidu: I imbued the Chains of Heaven with Dendro Energy, so that if Alhaitham will check it through his Elemental Sight, he'll see that it is only just a result of my creativity in using my elemental powers.

Paimon: Wait, Paimon's been curious. Do you already have a Vision before Greater Lord Rukkhadevata disappeared?

Enkidu: No. I just received my Vision after I learned her disappearance. It happened a few centuries after I recovered from Vanarana.

Enkidu: But you may wonder how did I fought during the Archon War, right?

Aether: Did you use the same technique?

Enkidu: Actually, the technique that I used was one of the martial arts technique that I learned from the Aranaras.

Enkidu: I'm telling you this, do not mess with the Aranaras. They may look cute but they possess great powers, one of them is to control dreams.

Enkidu: And there are some Aranaras who are adept in fighting.

Paimon: Woah.....then what is your main fighting style?