Chapter 19: Exodus to the Desert

3rd POV. A few weeks after Enkidu regained a fragment of his power.

A few days after departing to Sumeru Ciry, Enkidu has been training to gain his old powers back.

Not to mention, realizing his feelings for Nilou also boosted his morale to fight against the sages.

Right now, Enkidu is sitting on top of the Wall of Samiel at Caravan Ribat.

Looking upon the border that separates the desert and the rainforest.

Enkidu: I still can't believe that after the destruction of Ay-Khanoum, the death of the Goddess of Flowers, the falling out of Rukkhadevata and King Deshret, the creation of the rainforest through the use of the Varuna Contraption......

Enkidu: It all happened thousands of years ago. Surprisingly, it was only just a couple of centuries before I was born.

Enkidu: It was still during the era of the Archon War, and around that time, the Anemo Archon, Barbatos, already ascended to archonhood.

Enkidu: Now.....

Enkidu: The desert.....

Enkidu: I rarely visited this part of the land......

Enkidu: And my last visit, was on the day where King Deshret unleashed forbidden knowledge upon this world.

Enkidu: Speaking of King Deshret.....

Enkidu: There are still extremist factions in the Eremites, and their goal is to overthrow the Sages and the resurrection of the Scarlet King.

Enkidu: Hmmm.......

Enkidu: Wait, now that I think about it......

Enkidu: As far as my eyes can see, the desert, is supposed to be filled with so many buildings, and from what I can see here.....

Enkidu: It's only just a sea of sand.

Enkidu: All right. I'd better make my investigations as to why did this happen.

Enkidu took flight towards the desert.....and to his surprise, he only saw some few buildings.

Most prominently is the biggest pyramid.

Enkidu: Wait.....that pyramid.....

Enkidu: Is that.......? No, wait.....I saw it for myself. I saw how he died. He couldn't have possibly been buried.

Enkidu: I saw how King Deshret's body was wiped out in existence as he sacrificed himself to clear out the forbidden knowledge.

Enkidu: How Rukkhadevata.......

Enkidu: *sigh*

Enkidu: All right. I think I'll have to leave the Traveler and Paimon on their own devices for a while.

Enkidu: I need to confirm something in the desert.

Enkidu: It must be there.......I'm sure of it.