Chapter 13: An Endless Cycle of Illusions

3rd POV.

With the knowledge and awareness of being inside a samsara, a cycle of a single day from beginning to end...

Enkidu, Aether, and Paimon began figuring out how to break out the loop.

Paimon: Wait, Enkidu, you said you were trapped in a time loop, right? How could you tell that you were trapped in a time loop?

Enkidu: It's because the caster and I were the ones trapped in a time loop.

Enkidu: During the Archon War, there was a god who had an artifact that can trap their opponents in a certain time.

Enkidu: I'm telling you, that god was probably the most annoying as I keep coming back over and over, repeating the same exact actions in an endless loop.

Enkidu: But once I knew how to get out, by sheer force of will, I broke his time coffin, destroyed the artifact along with the god.

Aether: Why did you destroy the artifact?

Enkidu: I'd rather not mess with the law of time. If you mess with time......then who knows what would happen to this world.

Enkidu: That is also breaking the laws of nature.

Enkidu: For without time, even nature wouldn't flourish.

Enkidu: Anyway that is enough philosophy for now. Let's focus on the matter at hand.

Aether: But we got to find out the truth before the end of the day......

Paimon: We have to find clues like Enkidu said.

Enkidu: Here's the problem, we got to find clues. Unfortunately, the trees won't be able to help us, since my connection with them was severed the moment I was caught here.

Aether: Because you're inside a place that life doesn't exist?

Enkidu: There is life here. It's just, you know, life pertains to everything and everyone in nature.

Enkidu: My connection with nature, stems to the world itself.

Enkidu: The reason why I was able to tell what happened during the past is because I asked the trees in the specific regions.

Enkidu: I believe you know the Sacred Sakura that is under the protection of Miko, am I right?

Paimon: You two know each other!?

Enkidu: Of course. As servants of our respective archons, we also kept in touch with each other.

Aether: Oh, so that's why she told us to meet a person clad in purity. She's talking about you.

Enkidu: Is that how that she described me, huh. I'd better ask her what she means by that if I ever had the time to visit Inazuma.

Enkidu: Anyway.

Enkidu: As I was saying......

Enkidu: The fact that my connection with nature is being blocked off.....I'm lead to believe that this is an illusion played in our minds......