Chapter 7: The Grand Bazaar

3rd POV. The Grand Bazaar, Sumeru City.

Enkidu, Aether, Paimon, Dehya, and Dunyarzad went to the Grand Bazaar to see how the preparations for the Sabzeruz Festival and the Diwali Festival.

Once they got to the venue, what welcomed the group was a lot of people and stalls. Stalls that sell a variety of products such as cloths, food, items, and leaf-shaped lanterns.

Enkidu: Dunyarzad, what did I tell you about following the tradition of the ancient Diwali Festival?

Dunyarzad: Don't need to follow it accurately.

Enkidu: You see.....the reason why I didn't even insisted the people to celebrate the said festival because it's already lost in time.

Enkidu: But then, look......since they knew that the Diwali Festival is connected with lanterns......

Enkidu: The concept was still there.

Dehya: The celebration for defeating the Light Devourer, Ravana.

Enkidu: You called him Light Devourer?

Dunyarzad: Yes, after all, because of him causing darkness in Sumeru, devouring light.

Dunyarzad: You were even called as the Spear of the Sun. Because you pierced through the darkness with your light.

Enkidu: Ah, no. That's not only me. It was all because the people of Sumeru held on to that hope of bringing light back once more.

Enkidu: You see, my power grows, as the wisdom of the people grow in every era.

Enkidu: However, due to also what happened hundreds of years ago, when I deployed Enuma Elish......

Dunyarzad: The Rite of Creation and Parting......you and Gilgamesh named your strongest magics after Enuma Elish, right?

Enkidu: Gil's Enuma Elish is the Rite of Creation and Destruction.

Enkidu: "Heaven and Earth split, nothingness congratulated creation, my sword cleaved the world. Mortar of the stars. Heaven's hell is the eve of creation's celebration."

Enkidu: Those are the words of his Enuma Elish.

Paimon: If Gilgamesh's Enuma Elish speaks of creation.....what about yours, Enkidu?

Enkidu: It is the separation of humanity from the gods. The day where humanity shall no longer need the guidance of the gods.

Enkidu: "I will awaken the Breath of the stars, for I walk with humanity. O humans, let us bind the gods."

Aether: The Breath of the Stars......?

Dehya: My lady, you're not kidding when you said that line was how Enkidu invoked Enuma Elish, right?

Dunyarzad: After all, only the true Enkidu can invoke that line.

Enkidu: My Enuma Elish is the representation of the Rite of Parting.

Enkidu: The parting of humanity from the gods. After all, just like a child, no matter how much love they receive, they must eventually leave their mother's nest.