Chapter 6: The God of Wisdom's Trail and the Records of the Protector

3rd POV. Sumeru City.

Enkidu: Remember, keep your eyes peeled for those Eremites.

Paimon: Eremites? You mean those mercenaries?

Enkidu: Yes. The Eremites are actually divided into many factions, one of them is the oldest Eremite Brigade, the Corps of Thirty.

Aether: Corps of Thirty? Wait, you already mentioned that before, right?

Enkidu: Yes. The Eremite Brigade that is tasked to protect the city and the citizens. It was founded by the thirty members, thus the name.

Enkidu: Anu, one of the founders and actually, the leader of the Corps of Thirty......

Enkidu: And my father.

Aether: So that's his name.

Enkidu: Yes. And remember what Dunyarzad told us about the legend?

Paimon: Oh yeah!

Enkidu: The true story is.....

Enkidu: My mother died when she gave birth to me.

Enkidu: The reason why my father wanted to take me away from the desert is because they believed that he betrayed his fellow desert dwellers.

Enkidu: Need I remind you that the People of the Scarlet King and the People of Greater Lord Rukkhadevata don't really get along.

Enkidu: So, if word spreads out of me, a child born from a Akademiya Scholar and a Eremite Mercenary, even more so the de facto leader of the Corps of Thirty.

Enkidu: I heard from the trees that my father plans to escape from Sumeru to Liyue Harbor by passing through the mining area at the eastern borders of Sumeru, which is now known as the Chasm.

Enkidu: But due to his injuries while fighting off the Eremites who wants him dead due to his "betrayal" and the wild beasts, he died of his wounds.

Aether: So that's the whole story. But then, the bird or the Dendro Archon in the story.....is it true?

Enkidu: Like I said, Rukkhadevata wasn't alone when she found me. She and her some of the Aranaras were the ones who discovered me.

Enkidu: But when they discovered me, I wasn't just an ordinary human being anymore.

Enkidu: I was already granted the Blessings of the Forest, and this Perfect Form.

Enkidu: Free from decay, free from the clutches of erosion, a form that could even transcend the Heavenly Principles.

Enkidu: As such, I gained control of the Chains of Heaven. As the duty of the Dendro Archon is to protect the Irminsul and all life in Teyvat.

Enkidu: And in order to do my duty, I have to bind those who dare try to harm the Irminsul, either they be a human or a god.

Aether: So that's why it was named as the Chains of Heaven.

Paimon: Then what about your Vision?

Enkidu: Ah, I received my Vision, when I woke up centuries after the Cataclysm.

Enkidu: Knowing what happened to Rukkhadevata, as much as I wanted to weep, it's already too late.

Enkidu: So I made a promise to continue protecting Sumeru City and find her successor.

Enkidu: And as I fly towards the sky like a leaf riding the wind.....

Enkidu: A Dendro Vision appeared and pinned upon my tunic.