Chapter 12: A Samsara of Festivals

3rd POV. Sumeru City.

Another fine morning......

Or was it?

Ever since that night, Enkidu wasn't able to sleep.

He doesn't actually need sleep.....his form of sleep is from meditating.

He always meditate whenever there are a lot of things bothering him.

Especially about the sound that he heard before the day ended.

Enkidu: What was that? Who's the one speaking?

Enkidu: I know I heard voices from earlier.

When morning came, Enkidu vigilantly watched over the travelling duo.....

Enkidu: .......

Enkidu: ..........

Enkidu: No, Enkidu. Stay sharp. Those voices.......

Enkidu began to contemplate once more.

Enkidu: Why does my senses tell me that something REALLY is wrong.

Enkidu: I just can't figure it out what it was!

Enkidu then watched Aether and Paimon who woke up in bed and headed out to meet with Dunyarzad.

Enkidu: I can't be so sure, yet.

Once they met Dunyarzad, Enkidu was quick to notice her lack of enthusiasm. Until she mentioned to visit the first stall of the Sabzeruz Festival.

Enkidu: Wait.....what? Is this deja vu—

Enkidu: No, no! The Grand Sage ordered the Sabzeruz Festival to stop!

Enkidu: Even the Diwali Festival!

Enkidu: What the hell is going on?

Dunyarzad began to mention that Mr. Zubayr needs some additional flowers for the stage decoration.

Enkidu: Wait, what?

Enkidu shakes his head and this time around, he's with the same group. This time when the Traveler picks up the flavor of the candy.

Previously, Aether picked out the wrong number.....but then......when he chose number 4......the Sunsettia candies are there.

Enkidu: Huh, strange......

Enkidu: I was with Nilou when Aether, Paimon and Dunyarzad are exploring the stalls.

Enkidu: Am I getting drunk? No, I never drank alcohol for years. In fact, the last time I did, was thousands of years ago.

Enkidu: I never even got drunk to be honest.

When Enkidu blinks his eyes.....Aether noticed that Enkidu is probably aware of what's going on.