DRUNK CALL

Jeongyeon dropped Jimin at the front of Parklights Mall. On one hand, he carries three paper bags containing a pair of black shoes, black formal pants, black knitted top and a grey trench coat. Once he reached his floor, Seungkwan told him that Namjoon, his architect, visited. 

"Sir Kim left this for you Sir," the secretary gives Jimin a closed long brown envelope.

"Thank you," he gets it with his free hand. Seungkwan opens the door for him to his office. Before entering, Jimin paused and looked at him, "Why didn't you contact me when Namjoon was here?"

The secretary widens his eyes, "Um, I thought you were in a date Sir."

Jimin creases his forehead, "Date? Who told you that?"

"I just heard it Sir."

Jimin sighs, "I didn't teach you to believe in rumors. Anyway, tell Wendy to come here."

"Okay, Sir," Seungkwan bows and Jimin finally enters his office. He puts down the bags first on the floor and then headed to sit on the couch. He brushed off his hair and fixed his coat. He then realized...

"Uh-oh, I'm still wearing her coat." He sighs. "Whatever."

He began to check out the files inside the envelope. It's a detailed plan of every room for his Jeju house. He studies it and nods, satisfied. He was about to call Namjoon when he heard a knock on the door. 

"Come in," he says, and the door opens. It's Wendy Shon, his legal officer. 

"Good morning, Mr. Park," she greets with a smile. 

Jimin just nods and asks her, "Do you happen to know a lawyer named Jeongyeon Yoo?"

"Jeongyeon Yoo?" she repeats confused. She wonders deeply, "The name is familiar. Waeyo?"

He shakes his head, "Nothing. I just want to check her credibility. Anyway, I called to ask about the update on the demolition case in Daegu."

"The scheduled hearing is on Monday, so I have no update yet."

"Oh, okay."

"Will you attend the hearing?"

"Yes, I'll be there."

"Jjinja? But you hate being in the court, right?" she asked intrigued. 

He leers, "I need to be there, Miss Shon. Besides, I'll just be a watcher."

"That's the point, you don't need to be there physically."

He just gave her a serious face, but it didn't affect her. She's used to this Jimin. Well, they both know each other since middle school because of Jihyo. The sister set him up with her before, but they just didn't click. Jimin is not Wendy's type and vice versa. She treats him as her friend, but she's quite not sure if he thinks her that way. She doesn't even know if he treats anyone as his friend. But anyway, the point is, they know each other well enough.  

She narrows her eyes on him, "Oh, I get it. You're interested to know more about the name you mentioned. Was she the one you were with a while ago?" She smirks and chuckled, "I heard the rumor. Were you really in a date? They say, she's pretty."

Jimin sighs, "You're a lawyer, right? For sure you don't believe in hearsays."

"Whatever Mr. Park. Anyway, I want to inform you that your ex is already engaged."

"And why are you telling me that?"

"I just..." she heaves a sympathetic sigh. "I am talking to you as a friend now, you need move on and be happy too. There's nothing wrong if you try to date."