FRIENDS?

The duo went to the parking area first to drop off Jeongyeon's files inside her car and after that they proceeded to a restaurant just across the street. The place is fancy and Jeongyeon is quite unsure if it will fit his budget. "Did he bring some cash with him? Will he be able to afford the food?"  she wonders.

Jimin reads the prices of the menu and it's shocking. "Woah, one hundred thousand won for a piece of meat? Really? I must sell my kidney just to afford this."

Jeongyeon looks up at him and suggested, "We can change to somewhere else cheaper."

"But you want something nice, right?"

She shrugs, "It's okay. I don't really eat in this kind of fancy restaurants."

"Are you sure? You said, I should treat you to a good place."

Jeongyeon then intriguingly narrows her eyes on him, "Why do I feel like you're going to be nice to me now?"

Jimin just sighed and stood, "You're right, I can't afford it here. Let's go." He walked out not waiting for her. Jeongyeon had to grab her bag and run fast to reach him. 

"Yah! Don't leave me just like that," she complained. 

"It's not my fault that you move so slow. Anyway, where you do want to eat?" 

Jeongyeon leers and sighs. He's still that ungentle man. She preferred not to answer. All of a sudden, she felt his hand on her arm pulling her towards him making her hit his chest.

"Yah! Do you have fucking eyes! Idiot!" Jimin shouted at an irresponsible cyclist who almost hit Jeongyeon. She was shocked. It felt like she's Anastasia Steele being saved by her Christian Grey. 

Jimin released her. His cheeks are red not because of the contact but because he's mad. The cyclist ignored them and went on his way. It took Jeongyeon few seconds to recuperate from the shock. 

"Fuck, why do people like that exist?" Jimin uttered still angry. 

Jeongyeon swallowed a lump and gently tapped his shoulder, "Stop, I'm okay."

"You're okay because I saved you," he says arrogantly.

She doesn't know what to feel if she will be thankful or be annoyed. One minute he's nice, the next minute he's not. She sighed deeply controlling her temper and said, "Thank you for that, but can we just go find a restaurant because I am really hungry?" She gave him a puppy eyes which made him feel something he can't explain. Maybe, her eyes are just so mesmerizing. He averted his stare and nodded, "You choose the place, I'll pay."

She smiled and pulled him to a nearby convenient store. "I badly want to eat a ramen with mozzarella. How about you?"

"I'm full," he answers shortly as his mind is going haywire from her hold on his hand. "Should I hold her back?" he hesitates. He's not used to this. He forgot how it is to hold a woman's hand. "But I wasn't feeling like this when we pretended to be lovers?" he wonders. He's busy conversing with himself. He didn't notice that Jeongyeon is already giving him a dead stare. 

"What?" he asked startled.

"Don't tell me, I am going to eat alone again?"

He awkwardly released from her hold. "What's the problem with that?"

"I don't want you to watch me eat. Come on, if you really can't afford a meal for us two, then I'll pay."

"Miss..."

"I have a name."

"Okay, Jeongyeon, this is my peace offering to you so let me pay."

"Okay, you pay for my meal, and I'll pay for yours. Will it be fine?"