THE BALL

Jimin and Jeongyeon arrived at the venue with people eyeing them intriguingly. He takes her hand with a proud smile painted on his lips. His eyes curves in happiness and it's the first time that his employees have seen him acting like that. 

Jeongyeon feels intimidated and at the same time confused as the people they are passing by greet Tong with a bow. Is this how they treat a utility person like him or are they just teasing him because she is with him as a date?

"What is happening?" she mumbled softly while tightening her grip on his hand. 

Jimin didn't answer her and instead, he pulls her closer with a giggle while giving her a wide smile.

She creased her forehead on him but somehow, her lips draw a smile too. "What's happening Tong?"

"You'll know later. I'll leave you with Jihyo, I'm gonna do my business first."

They are walking towards Jihyo who's conversing with two gentlemen. The sister then blurted, "Oh there he is! He's gonna explain everything."

Jihyo then rushed to grab Jeongyeon and pulled her away from the guys. Jimin then greeted the two gentlemen and conversed with them. 

"Who are they?" Jeongyeon asked. 

"Our investors."

"Huh? Why did you leave Tong with them?" Jeongyeon asked with a worry on her tone.

"You'll know later, let us get something to eat first before we go to our seat. In few minutes, the event will start," Jihyo says pulling her to the catering area.

Jeongyeon is puzzled with everything that is happening. She went with the flow, getting food like what Jihyo was doing and then rushing to a designated table on the front. 

"Hi! Nice to see you here!" a lady expressed with joy when they took their seats with her. 

Jeongyeon was surprised and recognized her. "Attorney Wendy?"

"It's me, I am working in the Legal Department of Parklights. How did you know my name?"

 "You're quite famous with the guys in the trial court because of your beauty and your brilliant mind."

"Oh, that's embarrassing," Wendy blushed. 

"No, you should be proud."

"I am not surprised that you know each other," Jihyo joined in while munching a muffin. 

Wendy then signed Jihyo while asking, "Does she already know?"

Jihyo shakes her head no. "She'll find out now."

"Oh," Wendy nods with an intriguing smirk. 

Jeongyeon was confused listening to them. "What are they talking about?" she asked herself in silence. 

All of a sudden, a lady host walked to the stage telling everyone that the event will start in a few minutes. Jeongyeon was looking around searching for Tong but he's now gone. 

"Where is Tong?" she asked Jihyo. "I can't find him."

"Don't worry about him. He's a guy, for sure he's talking with pretty girls somewhere."

Jeongyeon immediately darted her a deadly glare. Jihyo giggled, "Just kidding. All I am saying is that he's just around. The night is young, he'll definitely spend the rest with you, but he has a task to fulfill first."

"Task?"

Before Jihyo can answer her, the host talked welcoming the guests and starting the event. 

"What a pleasant evening to see all of you dressed elegantly and looking so sophisticated! For sure everyone is excited as we will be officially partnering with two of the most famous businessmen in Asia. But before all of that, let us welcome to the stage the CEO and President of Parklights! The ever-dashing handsome man we all have our crush on."