FAMILY

Warning! This chapter contains 'mature' conversation. If you're not comfortable with that, then stop reading. Thank you. 

Jeongyeon is driving the car to her hometown in Suwon. The ride is silent as Jimin fell asleep on the passenger's seat. It looks like he exhausted himself for the past week but nevertheless, he is still handsome. "What a flawless skin you have," she utters in amazement while staring at him during the stoplight. She was really not planning to invite him and spend the holiday with her, but Jihyo mentioned to her that he has no one to celebrate with during this time of the year. She's sure that her parents would ask her about her ex and about him, but she doesn't care anymore. All she wants is to give Tong or Jimin as he wants her to call him, the best day, so she can pay back his kindness. She truly appreciates how protective he is to her and Jihyo and though they just have met a month ago, she can feel an indescribable connection, something familiar which she cannot explain. It felt like she had known him way before. There's something in him that magnetizes her attention. "What is it, Tong?" she mumbled unaware that the traffic light has turned green. She heard a loud horn which shocked the hell out of her, and which made Jimin wake up. 

Jimin wipes his eyes and yawns, "What was that?" 

Jeongyeon gassed up and go on her lane. "A bastard," she replies. 

He blinks at her innocently. 

"What?" Jeongyeon asked noticing how he stares at her. 

"Am I still going to be alive today?"

She chuckled, "I am a good driver, don't worry. Are you still not convinced? They say that when someone fell asleep while you are driving, it means that you are a good driver, and the passenger is at ease."

Jimin shakes his head and turned to look at his window view. "I'm just tired."

"Why is that?"

"Imagine yourself, cleaning the whole mall? Wouldn't you be tired?" he expressed sarcastically which made her laugh. His sassiness is annoying yet entertaining at the same time. Jimin watches her and somehow, a part of him is glad that he's making her react like this. When she calms down, he asked her, "How's your palm by the way?"

Jeongyeon lifts her right palm and showed it to him, "It's fine. No scars. Thanks for the first aid."

He just nods, and stares at the window again, "Tell me about your family. I don't want to be there clueless of everything."

Jeongyeon took a deep breath as she starts, "Omma is a loving housewife while Appa is a chef."

"A chef?"

"Yes, he cooks for the prime minister."

"What?" Jimin reacted in awe. 

Jeongyeon nods, "He cooks very delicious food but unfortunately, I cannot taste it every day due to my work. Later, you will have a bunch of his dishes. I assure you that he'll never disappoint your palate."

"You bet?"

"Yes, I am confident."

"What if I don't like it?"

Jeongyeon glanced at him and raised a brow, "It's my father's, you have to like it."

"Aigoo, this is why I don't like going to someone else's family. I hate the pressure."

"I'm just kidding. Just be yourself. No pressure. My family loves genuine people."

"For sure, they'll hate me for being too genuine."

Jeongyeon chuckled, "They'll love you. I am sure of that."

He sighs. "Whatever. How about your grandparents?"