Chapter 42

FIONA's POV

He held the back of my waist, his eyes stared into my soul. I felt my heart was going to jump out of my chest, my hands shook lightly between our chests. 

Louis stroked some strands behind my ear, he cupped my face with his other hand and stared into my eyes, I stood on my toes then drew him nearer, my cheeks heated. 

Louis captured my lips and kissed me passionately.  My heart raced faster as I tried to keep up, he dragged me closer as he deepened the kiss, I snaked both hands on his neck, an electrifying feeling ran through my veins. 

Louis held my hand with a small smile"I guess it's time for me to go, see you tomorrow... Ehmm, sleep well" he hesitated to leave my hands. 

I watched him through the window as he walked away, Louis waved with a grin "bye", I smiled and waved back. 

He repeated it as he took a few steps, "Louis, you're gonna-" he bumped into a street light "I'm fine!" he half-yelled without that grin leaving his face. I was glued to the window until he boarded a taxi. 

I danced around in circles and giggled "he likes me!" I bounced on the bed staring into space, my hands crawled to my red cheeks "so... he likes me" I slowly rubbed my lower lip with a smile, it played in my head like a movie. 

I shook off the thinking clouds "okay, I need to eat and take a bath"

LOUIS' POV

Leonardo and his men didn't stop nagging about my disappearance as we drove back, their noises were on mute in my ears, I couldn't stop thinking about what happened.

I went to my room, a frowning Nicholas stood with folded hands, "Smile! You don't want to be looking like Leo at your age" I dragged both sides of his cheeks, he looked like a smiley mango.

I skipped to the couch, a sign escaped my mouth as I rested on the cushioned chair. "Why are you back by 6 pm?"

"Nick, sometimes you gotta fill your mind with positive thoughts, cherish every moment, life is short... enjoy it" 

He glanced from the corner of his eyes "Do you have a fever? Are you feeling okay?" I chuckled at his furrowed eyebrows. 

Nicholas opened the door after a light tap, the butler dressed in black and white held a dome plate in his right hand, a white napkin draped on his arm. "Sir, your vegetable salad is ready" he bowed his head. I jumped from the couch "Yay! Let's eat some salad" I walked to the dining room grinning. 

Nicholas rushed to the dining, he stared wide-eyed as I stuffed the food in my face "okay, there's definitely something wrong with you, spill!" he sat on the opposite side like a detective about to interrogate a suspect.

"What are you talking about? I'm fine" I replied with a half-full mouth. "Where did you run off to?" Nicholas said, "I ran off to eat, it should be the coffee effect" I mumbled. Nicholas squinted with a nod. 

Mint hopped to the room, he stood on his hind legs, staring with those big sparkling eyes "Oh Mint!" I crouched and raised him to my face "why are you so cute?" Mint held my face with his tiny paws "up you go" I raised him until he could climb to my head. "Is it comfy there?" I laughed as he lay down "I'll take that as a yes."

I finished up and went to bed. I dropped Mint next to me, he cuddled under his tiny blanket on the pillow. "You want to sleep here today? Okay, goodnight Mint" I patted his head and pulled my duvet to my neck. 

I turned to Nicholas, he looked at me like I had spiders on my face. "What? Oh... there is room for one more if you like?" I tapped the empty space. His eyebrows ceased "No bruh, thanks I'm good" he walked to the glass door "suit yourself" I shrugged. 

...

I wore brown cargo trousers, a black hoodie over my baseball cap and leather shoes, the clear aviator glasses rested on my nose bridge. It was 6:30 am, a good time to rush to the restaurant. I didn't leave the hotel until Mint ate his breakfast.

Leonardo's face was the first thing I saw when I opened the door, my smile turned upside down. I took some hours to check the departments then snuck out for breakfast. 

I sat in the 'Brown's cafe shop', they had more customers than yesterday, I wondered if it was because I came in the evening.

I was about to read through the menu when the tiny bell above jiggled. Fiona in her white cute apron trailed behind four other girls dressed in their uniforms.