Chapter 25

FIONA's POV

I gazed at his smiling face. I don't like when he suggests something because I feel it's always beneficial to him.

"What kind of game?"

"Hide and seek"

"Alright whatever, Who's hiding and who's seeking" I sighed apathetically

"I'm hiding and you're seeking... for an hour"

"Huh? That's not how to play, you'd make it boring. You know what? I don't care let's just play so that I can go home and get some rest"

I could feel the vibration of the ground as I closed my eyes to do the countdown "3...2...1" I turned then began to search for him to buy some time. I knew exactly where he was but it'd be suspicious if I barged in immediately.

I was led to a candy shop, it was the closest place to hide so I didn't judge. It looked like the fancy supermarket but with golden lights, assorted candies arranged in sections on glassy white shelves while some candies were displayed in a glass case.

I almost got carried away by its glamour but I walked straight to Louis who looked like he was hiding his face with a red heart-shaped chocolate box

I sighed then shook my head "seriously?"

He stretched his hands with a wide grin "this is for you" my eyes widened as I looked at him then the chocolate repeatedly.

"Here, take it" Louis stared at me. I took the box but I couldn't stop thinking and rethinking about his reasons "thanks...but why?"

"No questions, start counting" he ran off before I could part my lips to ask more

I repeated the same thing and after a while I stopped in front of a flower shop, my heart fluttered and my cheeks flushed at the thought of Louis giving me a flower "be focused you're here to play hide and seek" I internally cautioned then pushed the door open

The place was enormous and what caught my eyes was the everlasting rows of flowers grouped according to their species on the table.

I took a mini-tour to some of my favorite species and found Louis along the way but this time he was just standing and smiling when he saw me

"Gotcha, again" I arched a brow with a smug then he freed his hands behind his back and gave me a bunch of red roses

"Oh... for me?" Louis nodded and walked past me "you're a good seeker, let's keep going" he jogged out of the door leaving me very confused

The third spot was a balloon shop and it was my first time seeing one. It was like a pink room balloon garden having separate rows of plain, birthday, and 'I love you' inscriptions as well as others. I was on the lookout for Louis but still admiring the view.

"Surprise" I screamed jumping forward as someone whispered in my ears. I turned to Louis standing with a red heart-shaped balloon, my heart skipped a beat, I didn't want to admit it was for me. He took my left hand and closed the string in it.

"Game over let's go" Louis pulled me out of the balloon shop.

We were engulfed in silence as we walked side-by-side on the walkway until I broke it

"What kind of game are you playing?"

Louis looked at me plainly "hide and seek"

I face-palmed with a deep sigh "you know what I mean...the chocolate, roses and balloon"