Chapter 62

FIONA's POV 
Louis froze, he raised his head then nodded, "Deal."

"We need your blessings too," he said. His dad glimpsed at us, "you have my blessings," he said.

I smiled at Louis as he turned to me. His father stopped by the door, "I want grandkids too,"  

I darted to the floor, "did he just say grandkids?" I said internally.

"Are you okay? You have a little something on your face," Louis smiled knowingly. 

"Shut up!"

"Okay," he chuckled, "would you like me to show you around?" he said. 

"Why? I need to go home," I looked out the window.

"It's late, Dad said you can go back in the morning," Louis said.

My eyes widened, it was hard to believe he accepted me, I just need his Mom's approval now, It will go well—hopefully.

He took me to a door, "This is my room, you can take the room next to mine," he said.

"That's mine," Nicholas glared. Louis faked a laugh, "Oh, yeah."

"Take the room opposite mine," he said.

"That's Mint's," Nicholas sighed. 

"And when was the last time he slept in his room?" Louis said. He was about to say something but he closed his lips.

I've disturbed these people a lot, the mansion. "It's okay, I can take the guest room," I said. Louis stared daggers into Nicholas' eyes. 

"You can stay anywhere you like," he faked a laugh and Louis nodded.

...

"This is your room, if you need anything I'll be here," Louis pointed at the door in front of mine. I nodded.

The room had white walls, flowery carpet, a bed dressed in white sheets, pink and blue pillows and a rainbow blanket. In the middle of the windows was a medium-sized white drawer, next to it was a blue table.

The white shelf at the corner has Mint pictures except for the last shelf that was filled with toys. Two air conditioners and a flower-shaped chandelier were fixed.

This bunny was born at the right time, he deserves this after what he went through in the past, how could anyone abandon a sweet furry friend like Mint?

I opened a white big wardrobe and grabbed a new towel from its wrapper. I took a carrot-designed pajama. It looked a bit oversized, all the clothes did.

I flinched at the sound of the door, "who's that?"

"Your dinner, my lady. May I come in?" a feminine voice said.

"Yeah," I said.

A woman wearing a black dress and white apron entered, "Where would you like to eat?"

"Oh, just leave it on the table, thanks," I said. She took a bow and left.

 ...

The sleeves of the shirt were at my knuckles and the trousers were at the sole of my feet. "This is bigger than I expected." After I finished, the woman returned to take it.

I closed my eyes but I couldn't sleep. I turned to the other side of the bed and squeezed my pillow. I sighed as the image of Louis and Mint appeared in my mind for the fourth time. 

"Maybe if I say hi my brain will stop doing this." I placed my feet on the carpet but my body refused to stand. "Is it weird? Going to his room at this time of the night? What if I'm misunderstood?" I bit my fingernails. 

"I know, I'll say I came to thank Mint for lending me his room. Good plan," I said. 

I summoned up the courage to walk to his door, "Isn't this awkward? What if someone sees us? Or the conversation doesn't go well?" I thought.

My fingers barely touched the door before he snapped it open. 

"Yeah?" Louis stood in only a white towel, droplets of water trickled down his smooth skin. He dabbed his hair with the towel draped around his neck like he was shooting a commercial.

I hyperventilated, my face reddened and my heart raced, "Sorry! Good night," I jammed the door.

I ran to my room and locked the door then hid under my blanket. "What in the name of sexy did I just see?" my heartbeat was like the sound of a crazy drummer. My embarrassment knew no bounds as the scene replayed in my head over and over again.

Before 8 am I was dressed in a purple shirt and white shorts, the other clothes were too big.  

I wished I could ask Louis if I could help them in the kitchen but I was still not over yesterday's trauma. I inhaled as someone tapped on my door, "My dad is leaving for Magnolia today, he wants to see everyone," he said.

I hurried to the door, "Let's go," I said avoiding his stare. His father was by the exit discussing with Nicholas when I arrived with Louis. 

"I have important business to attend to so I'll leave first," he turned to us.

"Safe trip, Dad, we'll join you this week," Louis said.

The hefty men in uniforms led him to the white jet. We waved at him and waited until the jet disappeared into the clouds. 

"Why're we leaving?" I turned to Louis.

"For the wedding," he said.