Chapter 59

FIONA's POV 
"I'm sorry Louis, but my answer is no" His eyebrows ceased like he didn't hear clearly "What do you mean by no? I-I don't understand"

I inhaled and stood up "It's complicated, I think it's the right thing to do. '' He pulled me back as I was about to leave. "If you need more time to think you can tell me. Please don't leave me again"  Louis whispered in a hoarse voice. 

I hated myself for putting him in this kind of situation but there was nothing I could do to change things. "I'm so sorry" I pulled my hands and ran away, my emotions hanging on a string.  

LOUIS' POV 
I watched as she disappeared without giving it a second thought, I didn't know if I should get mad or cry. I gradually got up and closed the box.

I laid on the bed, staring at the ceiling without knowing what to think. The sound of swift footsteps got closer, "How was it? What took you so long? Mint and I have been waiting" Nicholas dropped him on a pillow and sat next to me. 

I darted to him and muttered, "She said no" His expression changed "I don't get it. But you guys have been getting along so well" I just turned the other way. 

"Maybe she was too emotional? Or nervous? I think she needs some time, later you can ask her what went wrong" Nicholas suggested. 

I nodded "You're right, I'll try that" I stroked Mint's fur as he cuddled under my blanket. "good, now cheer up" He patted my shoulders then left.

"He's right, the Fiona I know wants that as much as I do, maybe it was just a misunderstanding. I'll talk to her later"  I said inwardly.

FIONA's POV 
I turned as someone tapped my shoulder "Hello, how are you feeling today?" Louis grinned. Seeing him was the last thing I wanted, I was hoping he'd forget about me and move on with his life.

I smiled awkwardly "Okay, I guess" My eyes widened as he took my hand, "Fiona, about that day, you can still give me an answer," he said softly. 

How I wished he wouldn't bring that up, I don't want it to repeat itself. "Hmm... you don't understand" I pulled my hands and walked away but he trailed to the forest still begging. 

"Please make me understand, let's work it out," he said. I half-yelled "Your Dad is after me, I'm not human, how will your family feel about my financial status? What's there to work out!" I exhaled.

Louis gazed into my eyes "Fiona, leave them out of this, look into my eyes then gimme an answer. Will you marry me?"

I raised my head, barely holding the flood trapped by my eyelids "I don't," I said. Louis bowed his head with a smile "You don't have to be too hard on yourself, we can-"

"There is no 'we' I'm marrying Griffin already!" I gasped as I realized what I said. 

Louis paused "Wait... what do you mean? I proposed first! Didn't I?" he inhaled, breathing heavily. 

I swallowed the lump in my throat "I choose him, that's my final decision. Please leave me alone and move on, I'm begging you" 

"Are you for real now! After every fucking thing we've been through? You're telling me this" Louis nodded.

"I'm fucking tired of you! You want me to die to prove my love? Do you think I can't protect you cuz I'm human? Fine! Marry your Glorindian!" he waved me off and walked away. 

Tears streamed down as I dropped to the floor, this was the first first time Louis spoke to me with such anger and hatred.

I was just trying to protect him, I wondered why things turned out like this. Will my sacrifice be worth it in the end? It was too late to think about it, I must face reality. 

I dried my tears, dusted my clothes and told Mother I'm done with Louis for good "Fix a date for the wedding, If it's okay with Griffin, I want to get this over with" I went straight home, my head hurt from all those emotions.

LOUIS' POV 
I slammed the door behind me and grabbed a bottle of wine from the mini-bar, I settled on the kitchen chair and poured it into a glass cup.

It left a burning sensation in each gulp, Nicholas rushed from the glass door "Woah, what happened?" his eyebrows furrowed. 

"I fucking did everything for her, I swear I did! I don't know why she keeps hurting me" I refilled my glass and took a sip. I complained to Nicholas until I was completely wasted.

FIONA's POV 
Mother fixed it. It's Saturday, on Friday I prepared everything. I was not feeling too good so I went to the supermarket to buy some fruit for juice. 

I paused as a familiar face glared at me, Nicholas hated me from day one. I had nothing to say to him. 

"I hope you're happy now, that kid is going back to Magnolia and never setting foot in this town, anyway, stay safe and never bother Louis again" I felt like the monster that I am, he's going through a lot because of me.

I stopped him "Please, can you tell me the exact time he's leaving?" I said softly. He sized me with his eyes "Why do you care? Tomorrow, 8 am" 

I froze as he walked away, my heart began to race faster. Louis would leave during my wedding.