Chapter 55

NO ONE POV 
"Everyone is assigned a driver, butler and special assistant in his college, security is one hundred percent," Nicholas explained. 

"I guess Louis has been saving for a long time, it's just the two of us... and bookie" a smile formed on his lips. "Woah!" Erica screamed, dancing around the table.

"Thank you so much, Nick" she squeezed his neck from behind. His heart skipped two beats, he turned his face as his cheeks flushed pink.

...

LOUIS' POV 
I glanced at the door as he walked in, his eyebrows ceased as he sat next to me "why the gloomy look?" Nicholas asked, "I searched everywhere, but she's not picking up my calls or texting," I said in a single breath. 

After a short while Nicholas spoke "get some rest first" he patted my back. He was right, no matter how much I complain I won't find her.

FIONA's POV 
The day finally came, I should be happy, right? My sacrifice would be worth it. I had this itch to switch on my phone. 

Curiosity got the best of me, my eyes widened as I saw fifty messages. The recent one read 'Please can we meet for the last time, we won't see each other for four years.' 

My chest became heavier as a tear slipped from my eyes. "I can't take this anymore! Just for the last time" my inner voice screamed, I knew this was a bad decision.

I grabbed my shoes and dashed into the forest like there was no tomorrow. 

I pulled my brakes as I saw a familiar figure "I'm here" I managed to say in between quivers. I raised my head, ready for the worst. 

He sighed in relief and smiled in contrast to his broken eyes, "I-I thought you wouldn't come, thanks" Louis shrugged, I nodded with a half-stoic look. "I'll leave in a few hours, please listen. I'm happy you're safe in Diadora... I expected too much" he chuckled into the sky.

"I hope you made your decision without any pressure, Nicholas will stay back with Mint. I had a present for you... I don't think you'll accept it now" 

"Thanks, I'm good" I replied quickly feeling awkward and guilty. 

"Why? You should hate me, curse me, erase me, why do you still care? You always make things complicated, is a breakup that hard to process?" I said inwardly.

Louis slipped his hands into his jeans "right." The leaves danced to the wind's tune, I was drowned in his fixed galaxies, he switched to a serious look and inhaled "Please be safe, I'll be back for your third finger" It was the first time I've seen this much determination in him. 

He glanced once more before fading into the blurry sunlight. I swayed as my legs wobbled, and deep breaths zoomed through my dried lips. 

I didn't say I'd miss him, rejected him without an explanation, hurting him in the process of showing my love. My heart aches.

LOUIS' POV 
I warmed myself as I walked further. 

"I'm a complete stranger, what did I do wrong? Was she using me? Am I that unbearable? Aren't I manly enough? Why will she cheat on me?" These lingering thoughts replayed like a tape. 

I held back the tears as I reached my destination. "No, I should stay positive, that's not like her at all, Fiona cherished our moments, she'll like me again" I repeated in my head. 

"Sir, we're ready," Leonardo said with a bow. I darted at the group of people screaming my name and waving, "I love you, L-elevators" I blew kisses and waved back earning a second batch of cheers as I entered the jet.

I was happy to see some people still cared about me, even though we don't know each other, I felt loved.

"It's good to see you again sir, how was your stay?" the butler's voice bumped into my train of thought. 

"Okay, but I need some rest" I closed my door behind me. The silence reminded me of how lonely I was, no Nicholas, Mint or Fiona. I knew it was going to be a long journey.

It hurts when they are not here. Why did loneliness choose me as a host? The parasite won't let me breathe for a minute, I want to exchange happiness just for a moment.

My eyelids were heavier and my throat felt dry like I was saying the words.

"I'll wake up from this bad dream" I curled into the blanket and shut my eyes. It took hours before I finally slept, I wondered if everything would be fine.