Chapter 56

NO ONE POV 
Four years later Louis graduated from college with Jack and Dylan. On the other hand Fiona changed her phone number and never contacted Nicholas, she spent three years training daily to stay focused. 

College was no use to her, humans had no knowledge to offer, Fiona continued with her part-time job.

FIONA's POV 
Even though I was occupied, I couldn't stop myself from counting down the years, months, weeks & days. 

It was stupid to keep track of someone who has probably forgotten, but still, I continued my countdown. 

Months passed and I gave up on my imagination.

...

"Don't be stupid, you're doing it wrong" Griffin blocked my cross punches. I pulled back and made a fist, he lunged, I ducked throwing a spin kick, Griffin staggered with a grunt. 

"Perfect," he said with a smile, "alright, that's enough for today" A sigh escaped my mouth. 

...

"Wow! That was amazing" I turned to the sound of faint applause. "Louis!" I raced to him and with a big hug, my legs hung in the air as he spun. 

"Louis..  you look different, in a good way, of course, you grew taller, right? And those biceps, you've been working out" I glanced at him.

"That's my line" Louis chuckled and I couldn't help but crack a smile. "How was college?"I said, "You're talking to one of the best-graduating business students" Louis smuggled 

"Dad was proud for the first time, I'm a complete son now" he rubbed the back of his neck, "you were always complete, don't say that" I gave him a reassuring smile. Louis gave my hand a light squeeze then my heart fluttered "It's all thanks to you." 

"So how have you been doing?" he asked, "Nothing much, just working and training," I shrugged. Louis brushed the tip of my hair "You cut it a bit longer this time," I blushed as he pushed some strands behind my ear. 

"We can go someplace else if you wanna chat or something," I turned my head but Griffin had left already. 

"We had so much to catch up on, but there was Mom, it's better if we go somewhere else," I thought 

We strolled to a quiet place in the park, I was intimidated by the silence, I cleared my throat "How's Nicholas and Mint?" I said, "They are good" He responded.

"D-Did you miss me?" Louis asked, gazing at the horizon "Every day, I thought you won't come back" My eyes widened at my leaked thoughts. I was about to tell him that's not what I wanted to say when he sighed "I missed you too"

I was still getting used to this Louis, chiseled face, muscular features and moderate deep tone. 

His eyebrows ceased as he checked his watch and stood up "Can we talk later? I-I have something to attend to" I stood up immediately, "it's fine, later" 

He picked up the call and bounced in his dark blue shirt, white trousers, and matching shoes. He gets more charming each second.

LOUIS' POV 
I panicked as I saw Nicholas' call, I just arrived and told him I was coming soon... an hour ago, "hello" I forced a laugh "What's taking you so long! I told you it's the first park" my ears rang like the school bells. "Sorry, I'm coming"

...

I walked to the black-headed man with a white bunny. Before I raised my hand to say hi Nicholas gripped me with his left hand and then punched my shoulders.

"You've grown so big! How does it feel to be a man?" he grinned, "you look good too" I said then looked at Mint. "Who's a big boy?" I carried him gently and stroked his fur, "you've been eating well, did you miss daddy?" I touched my nose with his.

Mint raised his paws to my face, I waved to the person behind Nicholas as I noticed, "oh hello!" she grinned and waved back "I'm Erica! Nicholas and I graduated from the same college." 

I nodded "yes I know, he wouldn't stop talking about you on the phone" Nicholas' eyes widened and he looked away, we stared knowingly then laughed at his reaction. 

We chatted for a while before I left with Mint to Walter's mansion. I missed the house in Diadora, servants and guards have always been in this empty house for maintenance, that's how Dad wanted all his houses to be. 

I took a bath, ate lunch with Mint like the good old days, and we took a nap after watching a movie together. 

FIONA's POV 
I got home and jumped on my bed, I couldn't believe he came back for me, he said we would talk later. 

"I can't believe he knows the length of my hair, he's totally obsessed" I giggled and rolled on the bed.

"Wait a minute" I ran to my wardrobe and prepared the clothes for our next meeting. I couldn't sleep and ended up replaying our conversation in my head, analyzing every comment, body language and facial expression