Chapter 71

FIONA's POV 
Cyan arced a brow, "the who?" the woman hushed him "We don't talk about him but I will do it once, for Mist's sake," she faced the flashlight to her face as the light went off.

"When I was little my grandma told me the tale of the Frost King," she observed our faces then continued. 

"Long ago, in the snow mountain, there lived a great healer, he could heal any type of illness with his herbs, but he was a huge greedy monster." 

She gasped, "I heard he ate people who came to ask for herbs. Up till this day, the frost king lives in the North, guarding his herbs with his life!" She switched off the flashlight then the lights came back.

We stared at ourselves knowingly. 

"I'm sorry Ma'am, but that's the most ridiculous story I've heard," Cyan said.

Iceberg and I looked at each other, affected by second-hand embarrassment. 

"What he's trying to say is, I don't think any creature can survive in the snow mountain for years," Iceberg said. 

I watched the devastated couple gaze at their child helplessly, I was determined to help them if no one would, "so if I go to this mountain I can meet the frost king?" I said.

The woman's eyes brightened, "Yes, but be careful, don't make him mad and carry warm clothes"

...

I narrated the story to Raven and Ash, they both had the same expression we had back there.

Cyan sighed, "This is stupid, don't tell me you're really going."

I opened my room door then shrugged, "Fine, I won't tell ya." I grabbed my black cloak and munched on something.

"I'll be back soon, okay," I said. They waved back with worried faces.

I jumped miles, from tree to tree until I reached the snow mountain. An abandoned place in the mystic world where it snows forever, even the water dominant Elevanas won't survive for long.

The piercing wind washed my face, my barefoot dug deep into the snow, it left a tickling sensation. 

"The Elevanas definition of dress warm is put on a cloak over your sleeves long gown and empty feet," I said to myself.

It didn't matter though, the effect of the cold was like that of an air conditioner at maximum.  

I reached the ice castle, it was similar to mine—but smaller. I thought about how a monster would fit through the door, no matter its mood I was ready for combat if necessary.  I was prepared for the worst.

I inhaled and knocked, I flinched as it creaked open by itself. It was made of frost. 

A man sat on the ice throne, he had broad shoulders and a muscular physique like an athlete. He wore the apparel of a prince in the 90s, the Glorindian uniform in white color and gloves. 

His smooth brown face leaned on his hand, he had short purple hair decorated with snowflakes. This king had no crown. 

I shrank as his white eyelashes opened, I froze as he stared with his electric blue eyes. 

He leaned on his chair without darting, his face looked like he was about to stab me. I swallowed hard "Hello, your majesty?" I pinched my cloak and bowed. His eyebrows furrowed.

"I am Fiona from the mystic kingdom, I need your help," I noticed his nonchalance but continued, "Someone is sick, we've tried everything. I came to beg you for some herbs, please," I don't know what amused him to smirk. 

His fluffy white robe swept the stairs, I felt disturbed when he moved around me in circles, "and what do I get in return?" he whispered in enticement.

"Let's discuss it," I pushed him slightly with my shoulder. The only reason I didn't punch his face is that I needed his herbs.

My eyebrows crinkled as he glanced at my body with a nasty look, "Okay, what can you offer?" he walked back to his seat. 

"I like something more personal" He crossed his legs with a dirty smile. 

Although I had my composure, I was dying of cringe. I would have preferred the dangerous greedy monster instead. 

"I heard you eat people," I said. 

He placed a hand on his chin "Hmm... literally, if you know what I mean,"  he bit his lower lip with an intense stare. 

I wouldn't believe it if someone said a Cyan 2.0 ultra pro max existed, but he's right in front of me. 

I couldn't handle him anymore, "I'm married! Are you gonna help me or not? I'm tired of this," I said.

He stood up, "Loyal and feisty, that's my type," he murmured.

"Apologies, my queen. I'm Zane, It'll be an honor to help you," he placed a hand on his chest and bowed. "What happened to the other guy?" I said inwardly. 

Zane excused himself to pack some medicines before we traveled back. 

He left snow crystals on the grass which caught the attention of many mystic people. The plants froze if he stood in a spot for a long time. 

...

"Who is it?" Mist's mother peeked from the door, "Oh! Come in"

"I brought the healer," I said then he walked in. Zane knelt beside the couch where she laid, he observed her for a minute and touched her head.

"She's fine," he said with a cold look then grabbed a bottle from his bag, turned it into a cup then poured it into her mouth.

He packed his back, "I'm done."

We inhaled in excitement as Mist coughed and opened her eyes.