Chapter 52

NO ONE'S POV 
When he was asked why he was so good at songwriting Nicholas said he thinks it was because he read a lot of books. Erica commented it could also be because he has a creative mind.

FIONA's POV 
I was on my way to meet my Mom when I saw Griffin in the forest "Griffin, are you okay?" his deep blue eyes stared into my soul. 

I started to get nervous when he walked closer "you don't look-" Griffin leaned closer and pressed a kiss on my lips, I froze on the spot as my heart pumped faster, he brought out a single red rose then closed it in my palm 

"You said a first kiss is special, that's why I gave it to you" he raised his head "I can tell you don't feel the same, so I won't say more" Griffin took a lollipop from his pocket and stuffed it in his face as he walked away.

I remained on that spot for a long time "okay Fiona, relax" I breathed until I was sure I could meet mom without acting strange. 

The sea breeze lightly brushed against my skin, I could feel it at the tip of my hair, the golden sand cooled my feet with each step, I was excited to tell mom about what Louis said and how our date went yesterday. She changed the topic by asking if I saw Griffin.

My heart almost jumped out of my most, I faked a smile and nodded. I almost screamed when mom asked what my answer was, my skin became warm, I could feel beads of sweat forming on my forehead "answer to what?" I tried to sound calm.

She told me how Griffin came to tell her he likes me but he doesn't think I do, Mom said she told him to give it a try. "What! So it was your idea?" I stood up "It's all your fault! You know I'm dating Louis, of course, I'll reject him! Now he's heartbroken" I exhaled. I walked around to dilute the volcano within.

Mom told me to settle down and listen to her, she told me I was foolish to think that I'll end up with the predator's son, he'll forget me in college, he cannot protect me from his father and he'll hate me when I tear his family apart. 

Negative thoughts gushed into my head—more like reality hit me hard. Part of what she's saying is true, I need to try my best for both of us "what should I do?" I murmured.

She said she's trying to get us out of our fantasies because one day we'd look back and ask ourselves if it was all worth it. Mom said if I really love him I'll let him go so that he can live a normal life like other humans. She said we live in two separate worlds and I should always remember that.

A tear ran down my face as her words forced themselves into my mind. I've never thought about the possibility of things like this happening, I just thought we could conquer anything if we stuck together—but I was wrong.

It hurts when I think about it. I didn't want him to end up like that, "can you help us?" I wiped my eyes with the back of my palms, Mom told me if I accept Griffin it will be easier for both of us to leave the past behind and move forward.

"S-so I should date Griffin? But what if he finds out he's being used? I can't do that to me" I sniffed harder, she said Griffin told her he didn't mind. I paused for a while and nodded "I'll think about it" I gathered the little energy I had to go back home.

I laid on my bed—my eyes soggy and lungs painful, my sniff echoed in the room. 

Why should I be the one to take a critical decision? I wish I could discuss this matter with Louis but that will make matters worse, he'd be worried about me and may decide not to leave. 

Maybe if I was born a normal person my mom wouldn't be a living river, Dad could have been alive by now, Mom may have approved of Louis and his Dad won't be after me. 

I was buried in my thoughts when something tickled my ankle, my eyes widened at the sight of my silver hair, I grabbed it with shaky hands. 

I walked to the mirror and took a deep breath "time to use your head, not your heart. This is for Louis" I stream of tears clouded my vision.

"I have three weeks to make Louis forget about me, even if he hates me, it's time for me to do something big for him" 

...

I sent a telepathic message to Griffin, we met in the forbidden forest. I summoned the courage to raise my head "hmm... Mom told me you're willing to help me, thank you" he paused for a moment and asked "help with what?"

I exhaled with tears in my throat "I want Louis to forget about me, maybe he'll be convinced if we...date. I know it's too much to ask but please help me" I studied his facial expression as I waited, he had a plain face, I didn't get any signal of emotion "okay, I'll help" I thanked him one more time then I called Louis to meet us.

...

My heart skipped a beat when I saw him from a distance, "so, what's the important thing you wanted to tell me personally?" I darted my eyes to the ground as Louis smiled at me, my body trembling inside out—it's easier said than done.

Everything I wanted to say was sealed in my mouth, "you've made it this far, don't mess things up," I said inwardly. 

I braced myself and breathed out, I raised my head "I'm dating Griffin"