Chapter 23

LOUIS' POV

I couldn't believe Fiona ran out of her house just to hug me, I stared into her eyes but she darted quickly then I smiled holding her hands before she looked up "I'm lucky to be your best friend"

I pulled her into a bear hug and she stiffened then I patted her head until she was relaxed. I didn't want to leave but I had to "Bye" I glanced at her one more time before I left

 I didn't want to leave but I had to "Bye" I glanced at her one more time before I left

FIONA's POV

Weeks passed and exams were finally here, I did my best to teach Louis something that may be part of the questions, whether or not he truly understood was not my business.

After a week we saw our grades, mine was pretty good, as for Louis? I wouldn't be far from the truth if I said my effort was wasted. 

The holiday began and I've not been in touch with him for a while. It seemed like he was as busy as I.

On a Tuesday morning I was on the bed in my jeans shorts and cream crop topped hoodie contemplating about going shopping when I saw Louis standing by my side.

"Ah! What are you doing here? How did you get here?" I sat up with widened eyes and lips slightly apart.

"The window" Louis tilted his head in its direction, I took a glance at his matching black joggers and white sneakers. 

"It's not nice to see you... why did you come?"

"I came to whaa...?" Louis paused midway with his mouth noticeably parted and his eyes fixed on me which I traced to my cleavage exposed through my half-zipped hoodie 

"You pervert! Ugh! disgusting creature" I threw a pillow at him but he caught it before it could hit his face

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry for staring" 

"Nevermind... why are you here?" I pulled my zipper, a wide grin appeared on Louis' face as he sat at the edge of my bed

"You know how I'm not allowed to move around as I want... so I told my Dad I will be taking lessons from my friend to help boost my great for our final exams"

My eyebrows furrowed as I tried to process everything then I realized "no, I'm not helping you with anything, you can ask someone else. I'm busy"

"Please... I'd be serious, don't you want me to pass my finals as a good bestie" he nudged my sides with his elbow.

I took a deep breath thinking about what he said, even if I don't like the idea I won't be happy if he failed, besides I owe him a lot and this will be the best way to make it up to him.

"Fine, I'm in" I said with a shrug then he gave me a warm hug that almost cracked my bones. I spent the rest of my afternoon creating the timetable then I gave him a copy and that was all for the day.

It has been a week since the lesson, Louis needs a lot of work, sometimes I wonder how he made it to sophomore year

It has been a week since the lesson, Louis needs a lot of work, sometimes I wonder how he made it to sophomore year. I came back to reality as the saleswoman handed me my bags.

I planned to prepare my food for the week before it was time for the lesson but I felt a bit dizzy as I walked back home.

My vision was getting blurry, my legs were numb and I was losing stamina suddenly someone strong arms gripped me "Fiona are you okay?" I nodded without looking back.

He took the bags from me then carried me on his back "are you going home?" I felt his face turn to my direction then I nodded.

Louis took the bags to the kitchen then gently dropped me on the bed "Why is your body so hot? Are you sick?" 

"No, that's impossible! I don't get sick" I turned to Louis with widened eyes as I realized what I just said.

He stared back at me without uttering a word he chuckled shaking his head "maybe this is a sign that you're working too hard and you need some rest, we're humans after all"

"Yeah... humans" I muttered, the more I think about what he said the more I think about what I'm doing here trying to be something I'm not.

Louis walked to the kitchen and returned with an ice bag then he dabbed it on my face. I sat up and gave his hand a small push

"Thanks but I need to cook for the week and it's almost time for your lesson"  he pushed me back to my pillow "no, you will stay put until you get better and I will take care of everything" 

I tried to talk him out of doing it but he didn't listen. At first I didn't want to tell him what I wanted to cook for the week but he threatened to make anything that came to his mind so I had to tell him then he entered the kitchen.

When he stayed longer than he was supposed to I began to regret letting someone like him cook, I stood up and peeked into the kitchen, it looked like Louis was watching cooking videos.

"You could have just told me you can't cook rather than poisoning me for a whole week" He darted his eyes to me then back to the food

"I'm a good cook, you eat like a vegetarian and I practice them less, I made the chicken myself, try them" Louis gestured then I picked the bowl of chicken and vegetable soup.

I stared at it then inhaled the sweet aroma "smells good" I whispered then sat on the chair, I slowly drew the spoon to my mouth and it tasted almost as good as professionals before I knew it the bowl was empty.

I was going to wash my plate but Louis took it before I could enter the kitchen "you should be resting" I walked back to the bed with the ice, I already felt I was getting better.

Later he walked out of the kitchen "I'm done, how are you feeling?" Louis touched my head and neck with the back of his hand

"By tomorrow you will be back to normal" he smiled then my heart skipped a beat "can we move today's lesson till tomorrow? 10 am" he nodded then stood up to leave but turned back halfway.

My heart was about to burst when Louis sat by the edge of my bed staring at me like he was confused or wanted to tell me something important, I had mixed emotions of fear, happiness and anxiety as he moved closer